Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:39:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVirus [prototype WIP]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Virus [prototype WIP]  (Read 2036 times)
kanabeach
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:28:42 AM »

Hellohello,

This is my second project ..

It is a Tactic-Survival-Horror 2D ..

The principle is that you have a squad of intervention should explore complex to find the source of a virus that turns living beings into zombies and other creatures ..

the gameplay will be to use all the characters in the level without them getting killed, the characters have different skills and one other .. there will be 4 classes of personal, reco, medic, sound engineer, assault with view 7 , bomber, support, sniper .. you can not do the course with a single personal because it will block somewhere because he will be assisted by another class .. principle of Lost Vikings.

The idea is that you do not have ammunition galore, they are rare (principle of Resident Evil, Deadlight), it will intelligently placed for the characters when they are not selected, they defend themselves in the direction selected, there will be only 2 personal weapons, no weapons, support weapons, explo .., the view will be a raycast system on an angle. (tactical principle)

The engine is the S.P.C (yes, I like to give them names) for Selective Custom Platformer based Platformer 2D engine. It is Version 0.1 for now, it is about to be changed because it is not the same gameplay as 2D Platformer ..

Little screenshot on 3D..

Zombies..

Turret for the character Support..

Example of character..Bomber,Assault,sniper,Enginer..

Little screenshot on engine..

Characters select..

test on different heights to climb for the animation..

Small test on not selected units so they can defend himself and reload their weapons..

Beer!

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »

Looking excellent so far! Is this your own original engine?
kanabeach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »

thanks FK,

I made a motor "platformer engine" with action = run, walk, jump, doublejump, wall jump, slidewall, edge, climb, wallclimbing, crouch, push box, pull box, hanging, swim, pass_trought, shoot, melee fight which I use as basic ... it can be used for all types of platform games (mario, megaman, metroid ..) is a modification of this engine, I disable some actions such as jumping, etc and I add mechanical displacement with animation for another platform game engine with a different gameplay .. for example, my second project "2D Platformer" is also a derived engine "platformer engine".

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic