Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:13:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSome great 8-bit era classics!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Some great 8-bit era classics!  (Read 974 times)
Staleevolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

I'm a fan of the old 8-bit and have a soft spot for new developers releasing games today in similar fashion, like Axiom Verge or Elliot Quest.
Just curious if anyone else has any particular favs from that era.

I certainly loved Nes Games:  Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2, Super Spike VBall, Contra, Metroid, Mike Tysons Punch Out, Dr. Mario, River City Ransom, and RBI Baseball.   I also loved The Ninja, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Alien Syndrome, and Astro Warriors from the Sega Master System. 

Any favorites I missed?

Thank God for Pixels!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »

Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap. The GG Shinobi. The GG Shinobi 2. Power Strike 2. Whichever Asterix game was the not shit one. Fantasy Zone.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »

Base Wars
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:09:32 PM »

On the RPG/ARPG/Adventure Game side of things: Star Tropics 1 & 2, Dragon Quest 1-4, Final Fantasy 1-3, Crystalis, Willow, Legend of Zelda 1 & 2, Faxanadu, Legacy of the Wizard, Shadowgate, Deja Vu, Swords & Serpents, Phantasy Star, and probably a shit ton of other favorites I can't remember at the moment.

On the straight action side of things: Castlevania 1-3, Conquest of Crystal Palace, Wizards & Warriors 1-3, Sword Master, Shadow of the Ninja, Rygar, Karnov, Legend of Kage, Smash TV, Kung Fu Heroes, Shatterhand, Jackal, Ikari Warriors 1-3, Platoon, Kung Fu, Karate Kid (back before everyone was playing Street Fighter this was the go-to fighter for the NES), Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Technos Samurai (a spinoff of River City Ransom set in feudal Japan) and again a bunch of favorites I can't remember at the moment.

One the sports/game simulation side of things: Pinbot, Base Wars, Baseball Simulator 2000, Pro Wrestling (Fuck Starman, Kin Corn Karn for the win!), Tecmo World Wrestling, RC ProAm 1 & 2, Top Gun, and a bunch of other favorites slipping my mind.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »

the batman game for gameboy

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »

International Karate, California Games, Impossible Mission, Phantasy Star, Lords of Midnight. Also...

Fantasy Zone.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Archon.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »

Cool Spot
Staleevolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 08:11:09 PM »

On the straight action side of things: Castlevania 1-3, Conquest of Crystal Palace, Wizards & Warriors 1-3, Sword Master, Shadow of the Ninja, Rygar, Karnov, Legend of Kage, Smash TV, Kung Fu Heroes, Shatterhand, Jackal, Ikari Warriors 1-3, Platoon, Kung Fu, Karate Kid (back before everyone was playing Street Fighter this was the go-to fighter for the NES), Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Technos Samurai (a spinoff of River City Ransom set in feudal Japan) and again a bunch of favorites I can't remember at the moment.

I will have to check it out.   Reading others list, shows just how many I forgot about.

Thank God for Pixels!
Magurp244
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »

Man, there are so many great games from the NES era: Clash at Demonhead, Strider, Tiger Heli, ExciteBike, Kung Fu, Bubble Bobble, Balloon Attack, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, POW, Monster Party, Gargoyles Quest 1-2, Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Final Fantasy 1, Goonies 2, Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar, Elevator Action, Super Pitfall, Guardian Legend, Blaster Master, and for whatever reason Festers Quest. Good times, came across Sweet Home much later. Oh, and Earth Bound Zero, because Earth Bound.

Cool Spot

Wasn't Cool Spot for the SNES?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 12:07:19 AM »

super meat boy is good
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »

I loved, in particular,

Metroid
Castlevania 2
Super Mario 3
Dragon Warrior 2
Micro Machines
Ninja Gaiden 2
Zelda

-Fuzzy Spider
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »

Kid Icarus (NES)
Wizball (C64)
Night Stalker (INT)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 03:05:06 AM »

wario land 1 and kirby's dreamland 2 are very good games and shouldn't be obscure but for some reason they're rarely talked about. probably gameboyphobia at work

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »

Super Mario Bros, Contra, Punch-Out, Galaga and River City Ransom are my favorites I think. They are still pretty fun to play.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 06:35:46 PM »

donkey kong 94

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic