Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:37:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingProject Interstellar - A spacecraft-building game - Version 1.2.0!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Interstellar - A spacecraft-building game - Version 1.2.0!  (Read 952 times)
hopeabandoner
Level 0

weeb trash

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »

Project Interstellar is an open shoot-em-up/SHMUP styled game set in none other than the vast reaches of space.
You control a rather weak ship that has the ability to be upgraded through buying and attaching "Modules", aka. standalone weapons, defenses, and other components bought using the ingame currency "Credits".

Full album of screenshots and GIFs (Imgur)
(Some images/gifs may be slightly old, but still very relevant as not much changes from one to the other!)

The goal, for now, is simple: build a ship, get rich, and take out any potential attackers.

You can gain Credits by breaking up asteroids and picking up the Asteroid Ore that the smallest pieces leave behind. Once you have some Ore, open up the shop and sell it all.

There are neutral ships that fly around at their own leisure, however some of these ships are aggressive (otherwise known as "aggros") to any other ship. You can attack and/or destroy any other ship in order to take their Modules.
The game is meant to be a quick-starting game, so if you were to die, you can get right back onto your feet quickly.

There is a small tutorial at the bottom of the screen when you start the game, and hopefully it explains what to do fairly easily. Controls are listed through tooltips and the Hotkey List under the Options menu.

The game is available on GameJolt: [link]
If the GameJolt Client is used to download the game, it will be automatically updated with every new release.

If you enjoy the game, or even if you didn't, please leave some feedback or criticism! Please let me know if there are bugs, major framerate issues, etc. and I will take a look into them as soon as I can.

I am primarily looking for major framerate issues, as my computer is quite old and I can hardly keep a solid 60FPS, but I've tested it on other computers and it runs smoothly and without issues, so I hope that is the case for everyone. Also, please let me know if the tutorial needs any major changes, such as positioning, speed, etc.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:16:42 PM by hopeabandoner » Logged

Project Interstellar - A spacecraft building game!
hopeabandoner
Level 0

weeb trash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:09:38 PM »

Update 1.2.0
A day or so ago, I uploaded version 1.2.0 to the GameJolt page! Woo!

Screenshots of some new stuff:

Tooltips and Missile Silos added!
Tooltips appear when hovering over a module with the mouse.

Miner Drone Hangars (new module), and an Options menu!
Miner Drones break up asteroids on their own and collect the Asteroid Ore.

Full changelog:
Code:
    Changelog 1.2.0

+ Added 2 new modules.
        + Added Missile Silo.
            + Missiles target nearest ship and home in on them.
            + If no target is within 1000 pixels, missile will simply fly forward.
            + Silos reload after a few seconds, missiles detonate if no target is hit within 3 seconds of being launched.
        + Added Miner Drone (Hangar).
            + Drone flies towards nearest asteroid and fires a constant beam at it, breaking up the  asteroid.
            + Drones are deployed/commanded to return by right-clicking on the Hangar.
            + Drones can be targeted by aggro ships.
            + Drones collect Asteroid Ore, automatically adding them to your inventory.
    + Changed Game Maker splash screen to animated custom splash screen, which can be skipped with ENTER.
    + Added option to change neutral ship aggro-mode from some ships being aggro to all ships being aggro.
    + Added Options menu ingame, accessible via pressing ESC or clicking on the gear icon.
    + Removed some hotkeys that are now usable via Options menu.
    + Options menu now allows the player to exit to the title menu.
    + Added tooltips.
        + Tooltips display information on modules, including health, stats, and keys to use.
        + When the mouse is hovered over a module, tooltip is displayed next to the mouse cursor.

As always, the GameJolt page has the download!

I'm hoping to get some feedback on the Missile Silos, mostly whether they should be tweaked for damage, speed, etc. or if I should make higher levels of them (like Dual Silos or something). Also I'd like some feedback on whether the game is "too easy" or whether powerful/expensive Modules need to be more expensive or the other way around.

If you like it, thanks for playing! If you didn't like it or think some things need changing, feel free to let me know of what you didn't like and I'll see what I can do!
Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:18:30 PM by hopeabandoner » Logged

Project Interstellar - A spacecraft building game!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic