Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:26:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGrind No 1: Space barnacle, Scanlines and teethed crustaceans
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Grind No 1: Space barnacle, Scanlines and teethed crustaceans  (Read 21899 times)
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »

I... Don't know... Tongue

I must admit I've got a pretty tight schedule...

Here's my typical day:
Get up in the morning around 7h-7h20

I turn on the computer and work about an hour while eating breakfast, then I take the bus to go to work.

During my 40 minutes of transportation, I think about what I'm gonna do at work

I spend 7h and a half, sometimes eight, at my day job which consist of me designing all sorts of games. I'm taking care of about 12 different projects, 4 of them more actively than the others

I take half an hour to eat. During this time, I usualy check out games people have posted on the forums. Most of the time, I keep workin' on my job projects.

On my way back home, I take time to think about something else. I get back around 6pm.

I talk with my girlfriend while making supper, I take a shower, eat and then work for about 2 or 3 hours on a personal project (changes every week).

On saturdays, I work all day on a personal project.

Sundays I'm off, spending time with my girlfriend and doing chores, shopping, you know, the usual life stuff...

As personal projects I currently have:
www.dhggames.com (I'm the artist and designer), preparing a new title
Pixel artist on Project exile
Helpin' out Alec and Derek as a beta tester on Aquaria (poor guys I'm really givin, them a hard time Wink )
Workin' on a very secret game that I will reveal soon (and no it's not Fez Wink)
Trying to write and draw comics for a local indie publication

When I feel like it, I'm writting feedbacks on the forum and preparing grinds.

So, thinking about it, I really don't know. Perhaps I'm a Tyler Durden game designer Wink
Later!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:43:39 PM by Guert » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »

Guert is the man.  I'm serious, dawg, good things are going to come your way! Kiss
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 07:45:09 PM »

That secret game... will it feature hats?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 03:41:18 AM »

Derek: Aw chucks... Thanks! It's nice to know people are enjoying what I'm doing, keeps me motivated!

Melly: Y...NO! No hats in the game... But there will be hanged people. Lot's of them. And that's all I'm saying right now! Smiley

Later!

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »

No hats  Shocked you mean their heads are NAKED!?

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 04:51:52 PM »

Yeah I'm going for a 21+ game with naked heads! SEXAY!

Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »

I think Guert covered all the real feedback so just copying what I said from IRC.

Fill it out with retro graphical effects like brightness from the lit pixels, a rounded edge screen and perhaps some other things like noise or similar that give it a more retro feel.

The ultraviolence is really amusing considering the general look of the game. It gives it quite a twisted feel which is fantastic.

More enemies like the red catterpillar! I had no idea what he was going to dow when I first saw him and he has since turned into my nemesis. The suprise you get from the assumptions you make about him and then he turns out to be a psychopathic killing machine make it hilarious. Also has a fantastic death animation.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic