Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:26:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingArena of Titans
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Arena of Titans  (Read 371 times)
Isma1314
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »

Arena of Titans is a strategy game inspired from classical games like chess and tarot.
We are two French engineers working on this project since nearly two years and we just released the Beta version of Arena of Titans: www.arenaoftitans.com
The goal is very simple: be the first player to cross the Arena and reach the last line !

Gameplay
Use your cards “Moves” to build your path through the Arena
Block your enemies by using your “Trumps”
And try to be the number one!

We are now looking for feedbacks to improve our game so feel free to tell us what you think about it!
We are also open to applications for developers or designers who might be interested in joining our team. We are cool and we work on this project on our spare time so if you’re looking for something fun and ambitious to invest yourself in, don’t hesitate to send us a message.

Complementary information
Front-end technologies
-HTML5, SCSS, JavaScript
-Framework JavaScript: Aurelia (www.aurelia.io)
Back-end technologies
-Python 3
Licence
-AGPL (Open Source)

Links
Bitbucket : https://bitbucket.org/arenaoftitans/arena-of-titans
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/arenaoftitans/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ArenaOfTitans

Thank you for your time! See you soon on www.arenaoftitans.com !
RedHickory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:03:56 PM »

I played through a game and beat the AI, but only by chance.  Maybe it's because the rules page is in French, and I don't speak it, but I couldn't understand the strategy elements at all.  I just clicked each card when it was my turn and used the one that seemed to move me farthest along.  I have no idea how new cards are assigned (random?) or what the purpose of each card might be, other than to move along a number of spaces.  It looks like you probably have a fairly complicated set of rules, but the tutorial didn't really do much for me and it didn't catch my attention well enough to play again.  On a positive note the game played smoothly and the pace was ok, and overall it looks like an interesting project.  Good luck with it.

My browser-based RPG (WIP) - Chronicles of Tright.
Isma1314
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:39:53 AM »

Thanks for your feedback RedHickory ! We are currently working on the translation of every page and a new version will be released soon  Wink
In game you have also information on the right side of your screen and here the translation should be ok (you can switch language by clicking on options on the top right corner).
We want to realise an english version of the tutorial but we are also working on a new design for the website so we have to prioritze some functionalities and postpone others. But be sure that we won't forget to do it!

I can explain in a few words how the cards work : you have 5 cards (assigned randomly) and you can play 2 cards and 1 trump (to block others players) by round. Trumps are the 4 elements available on the left side of the board.

You have 7 types of cards and each one exists in the four colors of the board. On the bottom of the card there is a symbol that explains more or less how the card allows you to move. For exemple the Blue Queen allows you to go on 2 blue squares in every direction.

I hope these information will be helpful. Thank you again for your feedback, we will work to improve our game and make the gameplay more clear for everyone!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic