Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:52:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopdoes this look like a person sleeping? - pixel art feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: does this look like a person sleeping? - pixel art feedback  (Read 2948 times)
wednesdayscones
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »

hi! so, I was making what will essentially be a the title screen for a game I working on. The game has a 2 color palette (purple and a pastel green), with one exception of a transparent overlay of the purple color like you see in this gif.  After I finished this and looked at it at 1x, I realized that while I know it is supposed to look like, I'm not sure if it will be clear enough for other people will understand it.

no lighting

lighting

what the title screen might look like

for reference, this is an image of a person sleeping on a mattress on the floor (with a blanket covering most of them), with a pillow leaning against the wall. As the title of the game suggests, this is what is happening (they are sleeping) while the player races crabs in their dreams (Chao race-style, albeit in 2d).
niqle
Level 0

I should be drawing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 08:11:13 AM »

Yes, but a couple of simple facial features can help make things a lot clearer. Love the palette btw.
ioanasima
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »

The light from the window is a really nice, eye catching detail.
The head of the sleepy dude blends too much with the white blanket margin.It took me a while to figure out it's the blanket. At first I thought it's his...beard (or is it)? Can you slightly adjust the way the blanket folds around his head?

Good luck with the project!

1 and 0 is 0.It's a Complikated game
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic