Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:00:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralAny good music to listen to while programming ?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Any good music to listen to while programming ?  (Read 2116 times)
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »

Can't listen to the music I like while working, because it makes me want to headbang. So I'm listening to various ambients, light piano music and some old pop music. Not that I dislike them, but they don't distract me.
ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »

I've been jamming some trance for the past couple weeks while I program. Seems to set the right tone for me
Alectora
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »

Instrumental music, classic. If it's a song, I'll start singing, distract my colleagues, and stop working. Sometimes I just turn it off but still wearing the headphone to reduce environment distraction. My neighborhood is quite noisy.
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »

Mostly whatever pops on my Soundcloud, so every flavor of chiptune and electronic.

This guy makes some great stuff: https://soundcloud.com/tycho

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 06:07:28 AM »

I have been listening to this 'lofi hiphop'. Most of it doesn't have words so it isn't distracting to me and helps me get into a 'zone'.
This guys YouTube channel is great - https://www.youtube.com/user/562Steezy/videos.

jamilWinkelbaum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »

I have this odd quirk where I listen to the same song over and over again for 2-3 hours when I'm programming.  Lately I've just been listening to Calvin Harris, in particular this song:

rfgamedesigner
Level 0

Currently working on point&click adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 04:58:07 AM »

When I don't need to think a lot, I usually listen to this radio:

That's the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SensualMusique1
But while working on the hard task, I prefer to be in silence.

My team and me left mobile for PC & Console indie development. However, here are some of android games I worked on before: Drag Racing 3D, Lost Pixels, Казнокрад: деньги и власть.
PirateFish
Level 0

:(){ :|: & };:

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 07:25:49 AM »

I like Drum and bass, when everything is planned an I basically just need to make it work.

Boards of Canada, Tycho and Plaid also works great.

Pixies, Jimi Hendrix, Pile, Radiohead
_glitch
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »

I really love dubstep while programming
mrandyjoe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 06:18:49 PM »

Programming got me into classical music. Seriously. I know that might sound pretentious but don't knock it til you've tried it. I found it very tough to listen to most of the music I liked while I was programming because I would get distracted easily. Then I finally gave in to a friend of mine who is a classical music buff. I had always scoffed at the idea before but once I started listening to symphonies I found I could retain my concentration, yet my whole experience was enriched. I felt happier programming. Some of my favorites so far are Beethoven's 7th symphony:

And Dvorak's 9th symphony:

PirateFish
Level 0

:(){ :|: & };:

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »

Programming got me into classical music. Seriously. I know that might sound pretentious but don't knock it til you've tried it. I found it very tough to listen to most of the music I liked while I was programming because I would get distracted easily. Then I finally gave in to a friend of mine who is a classical music buff. I had always scoffed at the idea before but once I started listening to symphonies I found I could retain my concentration, yet my whole experience was enriched. I felt happier programming. Some of my favorites so far are Beethoven's 7th symphony:

I'll give that a try. Seems like a quite good idea.
kroopster
Level 0

Skånerbotten Ltd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 02:09:58 AM »

Type-O-Negative is pretty awesome, calm and mellow yet powerful.

Entrepreneur and developer at Skånerbotten Ltd, a small indie studio from western Finland.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 07:52:02 AM »

chill and doesn't distract you from programming
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic