Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411900 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 08, 2024, 10:22:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMonolith: A roguelite shmup (Final Demo)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Monolith: A roguelite shmup (Final Demo)  (Read 3452 times)
bacon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »

This looks awesome! I really dig the CRT effect. Why such a narrow aspect?

There's actually a number of those, I'm just usually using the "pixel perfect" one, which goes in multiples of 435x290, but it also supports stuff like 1024x765, 1600x900, 1920x1080 and etc as well.

That's just the resolution though - I mean more generally in terms of aspect ratio. You've got a more arcade-style aspect instead of something that's widescreen. Not trying to hate or anything, just wondering what motivated the decision.

CANTATA
AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »

Unsure, we started with the 240x240 area way back and kind of stuck with it since.
AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 08:31:39 AM »

Second boss down. We're fleshing out the rest of floor 3 now. The blue guys are icy variations of some normal enemies and fire slowing bullets along with minor pattern changes.

Game now also tracks the source of damage, so it knows what kills you. At the moment it only manifests in the form of a small "Killed by:" bit on the score screen, thought I have more plans for that in the future.

The rest of the stuff was mostly fixes, there's so many small tweaks that we're loathe to actually count them towards progress tbh. The only real notable one was "old rooms dont disappear until they finish scrolling off-screen, when transitioning between rooms".

Anyway, here's the final teaser for the next big thing.
AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:05 AM »

Big swathe of updates.

Done with all the big guys of Floor 3 (which means its basically finished). Lots of touchups and tiny fixes, like bullets properly fizzing out when you switch rooms, or music playing from the right spot when you go down a floor, etc.

One of the subtler, but more important things is the new parser, it won't see to much use, but it's so handy to have around for things that actually need it. For example.

Should end the war for more screen space. Also added it to the tooltips of pickups and added more of them while at it. They have a chance to spawn when clearing a room. (Also an upgrade tied in, but w/e)

AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 01:27:13 AM »

Alright, after a few weeks of preparations, the second demo is out!

New things include a tutorial, two new room types, graphical updates, fixes and a whole lot more of the color blue. We're patching this version up based on the feedback at the moment (already implemented 360° aiming for the post-demo rerelease).

Here's a few screenshots of the current state of things:

AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 07:35:30 AM »

We're entering steam greenlight, wish us luck!
ckimbrough
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »

We're entering steam greenlight, wish us luck!

Voted Yes Wizard
Looks pretty fun, though I haven't tried the demo yet!
AlexMdle
Level 0

Keep Your Dignity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »

The demo has been updated! This is the final version before the full release.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic