Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:27:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMatchlock
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Matchlock  (Read 486 times)
ironfroggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:47:01 AM »

I decided that the couple projects I had were a bit large, and I need a short win to energize myself and my game dev efforts. To that end, I've switched attention to a small puzzle game that's been rattling in my head for a while. The game is "Matchlock", a color matching puzzle game in which matches "lock" and form larger pieces instead of being destroyed as happens in most color matching games. I have a working prototype and I'm working on the replenish mechanics now. Will post more as it progresses, but already I'm feeling the positive vibes of a project with a much closer goal post. Definitely the boost I needed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:03:28 PM by ironfroggy » Logged
ironfroggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:09:05 PM »

Had a very successful weekend that included:
- A fun prototype
- Basic animations
- Setting up my machine for Android testing builds to get a feel for the game on mobile
- Sharing the game with someone and successfully finding it is fun for not just myself!

Through this week I expect to post a couple screen shots, build a title screen, add scoring, and balance some of the replenish mechanics. Expect frequent updates!
ironfroggy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »

I finish the game, and even tho it was a very simple puzzle game with very few bells or whistles, it is the first game I actually "released" and that feels *good*. its up on the Google Play store now, and I'm now on to another game for October.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.StonebirdGames.Matchlock
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic