Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:13:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[greenlight] a dream? - a poetic experience
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [greenlight] a dream? - a poetic experience  (Read 1614 times)
SiJaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »

UPDATE
Happy to say that I submitted it Smiley I would appreciate your help on the greenlight process:

Greenlight Page

Hello TIGsource-verse Smiley

Happy to announce my game "a dream? - a poetic experience". It is an artistic game about life and personal experiences and the first title under the inochi.life label. I call the genre hyperpersonal games.

Gameplay Teaser Video

Description
  • An artistic puzzle platformer about different facets of life and personal experiences.
  • Each level is associated to a personal theme, which is conveyed through the level composition, challenges and soundscape and is narratively structured around a poetic structure.
  • The association between movement and sound is an elemental aspect of the game and the soundscape is generated based on the interactions of the player.
  • In Japanese culture the frog is seen as a symbol of luck and throughout the progression of the game each step reflects the small steps and jumps we as humans do to progress in our lives, ambitions and dreams.

Game Mechanic
  • While the player only controls the jump of the frog (direction, strength and time), the dynamism of the levels creates a number of varieties and challenges.
  • Dynamism is created through the fact that landing creates ripples, which affects other elements in the level based on their characteristics.
  • Ripples are created not only by the player, but by any other frogs in the level, similar to the effects other people have in ones environment.

Screenshots

Feel free to provide feedback and thoughts about the project! If the game sounds compelling to you, please follow me on twitter or facebook
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:40:15 AM by SiJaf » Logged

SiJaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:44 AM »

Here an example video how the game utilizes momentum and inertia in the dynamic environment for gameplay purposes

TomKitchen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »

Looks beautiful so far Smiley I like the idea of hyperpersonal games as a genre too, it's how I've always worked as an artist - Little shared personal experiences Coffee

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 04:23:39 PM »

Cool concept - nice colors too! Obviously everything is very early stages and rough - so it's all looking/sounding good - though I'll point out that if the game is going to rely heavily on sound, you really want those sounds to be polished. Are you doing it all yourself?

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
SiJaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:51:52 PM »

Looks beautiful so far Smiley I like the idea of hyperpersonal games as a genre too, it's how I've always worked as an artist - Little shared personal experiences Coffee

Thanks! The idea of hyperpersonal games evolved throughout the process of making the game. To me it was interesting how musicians are able to make these very personal expressions through their songs and people looking for that, while the medium of games is perceived totally differently with different expectations from the very first minute.

Cool concept - nice colors too! Obviously everything is very early stages and rough - so it's all looking/sounding good - though I'll point out that if the game is going to rely heavily on sound, you really want those sounds to be polished. Are you doing it all yourself?
Thank you! Yes I am doing all the things myself and the soundscape is generated through the interaction of the player. It has a different atmosphere, if you are playing it since your movement and sound are synchronized. I myself am also a passionate freestyle dancer, so the association between movement and sound was important to me. I also love the games by Tetsuya Mizuguchi for that matter (although those game do not generate the soundscape, rather than inform pre-recorded music layers).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:58:34 AM by SiJaf » Logged

SiJaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 02:56:15 AM »

Here an example video focussed on the way the soundscape is created through movement.

SiJaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 02:00:39 PM »

Happy to say that I submitted it Smiley I would appreciate your help on the greenlight process:

Greenlight Page
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:41:00 AM by SiJaf » Logged

badbloodgames
Level 0

badbloodgames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »

Looks really nice. Good job!

Independent game studio from Cork, Ireland.

http://www.badbloodgames.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic