Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:05:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Gaming Gesture Recognition Engine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gaming Gesture Recognition Engine  (Read 611 times)
Joseph_Airsig
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:57:49 AM »

We are AirSig, the only commercial solution provider of air gesture recognition (See details on http://www.airsig.com/). Recently we have developed a “Gaming Gesture Recognition” solution offering fresh and fancy experience to gamers.

Unlike a Wii Remote only detecting the gesture direction and strength, “Gaming Gesture Recognition” is able to precisely recognize the “content” of a gamer’s gesture, from writing a letter, a number, drawing a shape to making a series of movement such as casting a spell with a magic wand, exercising movement patterns, boxing actions, etc.. The gesture to be recognized can be default or user-defined.

The following demo shows recognizing letters, numbers and shapes, and also a demo gaming scenario of “drawing a heart shape” with score.
See demo on

For now the iOS and Android SDK of “Gaming Gesture Recognition” are available. We are considering to migrate it to Unity, Unreal or Cocos2d if feedback is encouraging.

If you are interested in “Gaming Gesture Recognition”, or you have any questions or suggestions to it, welcome to email us at [email protected]. In addition to respond to your feedback, we will also provide you a demo Android game for testing and experiencing.

Or follow us on www.facebook/airsig
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:09:08 AM by Joseph_Airsig » Logged
Joseph_Airsig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:00:06 AM »

And we have just made a demo game showing a possible application thereof, which can be implemented with the AR experience.

See demo video on

If anyone of you is interested in making this demo concept into a mature game, or in more details of our gaming gesture recognition engine, please contact us anytime. We will be more than happy to answer your questions or provide more information.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:20:46 PM by Joseph_Airsig » Logged
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 01:08:19 AM »

Sounds cool. Does it handle non-Latin letters?

Joseph_Airsig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 01:17:31 AM »

Hi, basically the algorithm treats letters, shapes, strokes, etc., as the same things. It transforms every gesture into a series of motion features and determine the resemblance therebetween.

So it is able to determine whether a new set of non-latin letters matches the previous one (the "registered" one).
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »

All right. c:

How do you deal with something A (Latin), Α (Greek) and А (Cyrillic), which look identical in most fonts (but not necessarily all), but have different codepoints? Tongue Is it possible to set a locale somehow, so that it parses as one of these by default?

What about Arabic letters, which change their form depending on where in a word they are (i.e. ه هـ ـهـ ـه, all four the same letter in different positions)? Does your system work with entire words or just one character at a time (so I'd have to write the isolated form ه every time)?

Perhaps your primary concern isn't writing text but doing something like magic spells and other gamier stuff, so maybe my questions are all the wrong ones, but I find it interesting, so I ask anyway! c:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic