Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:55:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMineColony - Minecraft in retro 2D with AI servants
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MineColony - Minecraft in retro 2D with AI servants  (Read 809 times)
lacozzini
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »

Hi!

I am developing game for Android called MineColony. It’s a sandbox game similar to Minecraft and Terraria but with economy twist (this part is still in development though). In the beginning you collect resources to build your shelter against monsters which appear at night. You can mine ore, coal, smelt iron and craft tools. It features 8-bit, retro style graphics and soothing background music. While developing this game I was emphasizing on creating great atmosphere, so the player could immerse into game world. There are a lot of background sound effects like cricket chirping on dusk, owl hooting in the night or birds twitting in the morning.

You can find more on:
https://www.youtube.com/user/lacozzini
https://www.facebook.com/minecolonyforandroid

Thank you for reading, hope you like it.
ndnninja15
Level 1

I make games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »

Hi I play tested your game for a bit.

The graphics are nice and walking/jumping animations occur correctly.

I can't press both joysticks at the same time. I'm expecting to move with the left controller and have the right simply be an action button but the right stick seems to move me.

The pinch zoom wouldn't really change much to make a serious impact. It didn't really feel much different whether I zoomed all the way in or out.

The ads in an alpha version are mildly annoying.
lacozzini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:38:45 AM »

Hi,

thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that you have issues with controls. It's really weird bug, but it looks like either your device doesn't support multitouch, which is unlikely or some kind of other glitch.

The pinch zoom-in and out should make it easier to see the big picture, maybe I should increase the amount of zoom. But then again it could cause performance issues. Does it look like on screenshots below?

zoom out:

zoom in:

About the ads... well, you know, it's business. But I really think that the ad is not interfering with the gameplay and I think it's already feature rich it could be called beta Wink

Soon, I will post 1.5 update with water features and some performance fixes. So stay tooned Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic