Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:30:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDisconcerted Prototype 2 (Puzzle/Maze-like game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Disconcerted Prototype 2 (Puzzle/Maze-like game)  (Read 484 times)
fatBread
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:48:18 AM »

Hi everyone!

Disconcerted is a puzzle/maze like game where your goal is to get to the end of each level while changing the direction of the ball from horizontal to vertical. It's easier to get it while playing I swear! Also, there's an optional objective of catching the little gold thingy in each level. Every piece of art is placeholder!

I did a previous play testing thread on it that you can find here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49832.msg1170355#msg1170355

Since then I implemented more levels (with a new mechanic), tried some failed mechanics to give users more spacial awareness and polished it a little bit more. Because of college and life in general I didn't advance it as much as I wanted but now I'm trying to get back into it and this is the next step!

In this prototype I have 30 levels, with menus and stuff. There's two version of the prototype. In one of them there's an indication on the ball that tells you what direction the ball is going to go next when you change directions. This was done to avoid confusion when there's a lot of direction changes but I'm not sure if it actually helps or not. There's a version with no indication to compare. It would be great if you could play both to see the differences!

Apart from that I'm happy with feedback regarding anything. Knowing if the levels are interesting or fun or if there's any major bugs is always great!

This is the one with the indication:
disconcertedp2arrow.surge.sh

This is the one without:
disconcertedp2noarrow.surge.sh

Thanks for the help and the feedback!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:08:38 AM by fatBread » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic