Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:38:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVapor Maze (ex "Education of an Android")
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vapor Maze (ex "Education of an Android")  (Read 1400 times)
RomainCourtois
Level 0

Twitter : @rcmedy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »

The project changed,
(to see the old version >> https://romaincourtois.itch.io/education-of-an-android)

New screenshots:

Pitch:

An android blessed with an artificial heart, capable of feeling, tries to escape the laboratory in which he was created. But this laboratory proves to be a maze, with strange doors scattered about. The key to opening them: emotions.  

Gameplay:

The game stands out for a unique gameplay inspired by the range of emotions by the American psychologist Robert Plutchik. Eight basic emotions (fear, anger, joy, sadness, boredom, disgust, envy and surprise) that react to the stimuli offered by the world and open up new possibilities.

Romain Courtois

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:10:22 PM by RomainCourtois » Logged
Eluardian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »

Nice, really like the idea of this. Pleasing palette so far too.

It's gonna be interesting to follow. 

Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »

I tried the demo, and I have some thoughts :

The narration and the pixel art are great ! But the thing that killed it for me is that you have specific actions for movement (Move, Climb, Open, maybe even Look). Those are repetitive actions that you do all the time, and with this system it becomes a pain moving around :x
I would keep the action tab for things like Admire.

The game ended up bugging, I was trying to admire the log and near trees  Tears of Joy and at some point I just couldn't move anymore.

In the end, I'm hooked, and will definitely try future builds (just fix movement plzzzz :D)

RomainCourtois
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »

Thank you for your encouraging comments!

The narration and the pixel art are great ! But the thing that killed it for me is that you have specific actions for movement (Move, Climb, Open, maybe even Look). Those are repetitive actions that you do all the time, and with this system it becomes a pain moving around :x

I see. You are not the first person to say that... I will reconsider that question.
RomainCourtois
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »

What's new :

- Now there is some music and sounds fx ; it gives an idea of the general mood and rythm of the game. Much more lively and immersive like that. Temporary free staffs that i found on the web, but I find it relevant and inspiring.

- I changed the controls. Now you just have to walk with arrows, left, right. Less frustrating.

- I m experimenting a way to make emotions "rising" more expressive. It's a big deal. A big part of the experience. For the moment, I added a subtile glitch layer that I edited with After Effects because effects are limited in C2.

It can bee cool. Hope people can feel interested by the concept. Let's see!

Proto > https://romaincourtois.itch.io/education-of-an-android
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:08:44 PM by RomainCourtois » Logged
RomainCourtois
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »

Re,

Trying a new style, please tell me what do you think

The pitch changed quite a bit too :
An android blessed with an artificial heart, capable of feeling, tries to escape the laboratory in which he was created.
But this laboratory proves to be a maze, with strange doors scattered about. The key to opening them: emotions.

Gameplay video :

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:12:34 PM by RomainCourtois » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic