Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:18:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChildren of Orc
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Children of Orc  (Read 415 times)
bram
Level 0

game dev addict

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »

Hi there,

I am here to announce my new game 'Children of Orc.'
It is now on Green Light. Let me know what you think:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767310804

Children of Orc is a real-time third-person strategy game, set on a procedurally generated hex-planet.

Bram Stolk -- Indie Game Developer and the author of \"the little crane that could\".
Mind Grown
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

Cool concept, but it seems that the aesthetic clashes with the story and game title. A little more consistency could help you out a lot. Maybe even being a little more 'silly' during your trailer, and really playing off the mechanic that all other orcs naturally must follow your orders to survive? Lots of potential though, I think. You got my vote.

You also don't really mention what you are trying to accomplish in the game (if anything). Assuming it is a sandbox game, the idea is pretty neat that you use npc interactions as a primary mechanic.

What engine are you using? I'm really digging the hex planets!  Grin

Good luck!

- Ryan Bemowski -

- @ConvictedGalaxy - Devlog -
bram
Level 0

game dev addict

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:09:21 AM »

You also don't really mention what you are trying to accomplish in the game (if anything). Assuming it is a sandbox game, the idea is pretty neat that you use npc interactions as a primary mechanic.

What engine are you using? I'm really digging the hex planets!  Grin

Good luck!

Thank you for your comments,

The game has no fighting, so the colonizing of the planet is the challenge in this game.
The idea is to spread rare items over the continents, that need to be collected.

I don't use a third party engine, it is written directly on top of OpenGL, OpenAL and libSDL2.
That's why the rendering lags behind, has simple lighting and no shadows, unfortunately.

Bram

Bram Stolk -- Indie Game Developer and the author of \"the little crane that could\".
Mind Grown
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »

I don't use a third party engine, it is written directly on top of OpenGL, OpenAL and libSDL2.

Awesome... well that is pretty darn cool!
 Hand Clap Smiley

- Ryan Bemowski -

- @ConvictedGalaxy - Devlog -
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic