Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:21:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesProfile updating doesn't work (refusing password)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Profile updating doesn't work (refusing password)  (Read 2949 times)
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:46:07 PM »

Given the recent hack, I decided to take the precaution advised in the relevant thread and change my password. Unfortunately, the profile-settings section of the forum is refusing to accept my current password, and thus isn't allowing me to change it.

To be specific: I'm doing this in the "Account Related Settings" section of my profile. I fill in my intended new password, confirm it just below, and at the bottom of the page fill in my current password. When I then click on the button labelled "Change profile" (beside the password field), the page reloads with the following error at the top:
Code:
The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile:

The password you entered was not correct.

I'm pretty confident that I am entering my password correctly.

I recall that I actually noticed this shortly after signing up here, but didn't worry too much about it at the time.

I intend to log out and double-check that my password works, and is what I think it to be (i.e. that I haven't been making a mistake in typing my password from first entering it). If I don't return with an edit, something may have gone wrong. ^^;

[edit]
All right, a quick test seems to verify that I do have my password correct--it logs me in--but that same password doesn't work in the "Profile" area. This was tested by copy-pasting the password into the relevant fields.

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »

What browser and ad block plugins?  I only have the most frustrating and least useful information, which is that it worked when I tried it (Chrome w/ uBlock Origin)...

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »

Ah, sorry, I didn't think to add that! ^^;

I'm using Firefox under Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily), I believe. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not using any ad-blockers. (Unless there's a default blocker built into Firefox that I'm not aware of?)

Hmm... Perhaps a little later I should try doing this from my Windows 8.1 installation...

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »

Okay, I just tried changing my password in Firefox under Windows 8.1, and it doesn't seem to work there either. :/

Edit: In case it helps, this was done using Firefox version 47.0, I believe.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic