Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:37:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVinland - a puzzle in the viking era
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vinland - a puzzle in the viking era  (Read 582 times)
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:59:58 AM »

Made from historical public domain material. Featuring the writing or symbolism of the nations of the era, spiced up with a few historical liberties and mishaps.

Play now

Feedback on especially the difficulty level, would be much appreciated.

psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:43:25 PM »

I feel like I am taking an SAT test.  And I am going to have to settle for a small community college, my score is going to be bad.  Smiley

The chess puzzle confused me a little bit:  I wasn't sure, at first, am I trying to score a checkmate so that the white team wins, or so the black team wins?  (I did figure it out.)  Also, if you just click on the yellow piece (without moving it), it gives you a game over.  I'd like to maybe have the game move the piece to where you click, then ask "are you sure?" in case you change your mind.
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »

I feel like I am taking an SAT test.  And I am going to have to settle for a small community college, my score is going to be bad.  Smiley

The chess puzzle confused me a little bit:  I wasn't sure, at first, am I trying to score a checkmate so that the white team wins, or so the black team wins?  (I did figure it out.)  Also, if you just click on the yellow piece (without moving it), it gives you a game over.  I'd like to maybe have the game move the piece to where you click, then ask "are you sure?" in case you change your mind.
You're not the first one to get confused by the chess puzzle - although I actually write whose turn it is above the board - so I might be looking into that. Thinking of changing the entire puzzle so that you choose which one to move, out of three options, rather than where to move it. Or just spelling better out that you should click where you want it. Thanks for playtesting.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic