Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:12:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesUFO series
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UFO series  (Read 691 times)
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2016, 02:18:44 AM »

Have you played any game in the series? If so, what are your impressions? First game got pretty low average score (around 5-6), but it's still my favorite. It has this great feeling of hopelessness and sadness, awesome soundtrack and creepy "semi-aliens".
Haven't played 2nd one because of its bugginess - crash after crash.
3rd one is pretty cool, but for me it was too cartoony. Though it had best gameplay (motherbase development, on-site operations, etc.)
------------
It might be unpopular opinion, but I've enjoyed these games more, than X-com remakes by Firaxis.
rozza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:41:14 AM »

I played a bit of the first UFO: Enemy Unknown a while ago in DOSBox and that's still a great game. I can definitely see why they made a remake of it in 2012 and why that was so successful.
Slowminder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 02:09:25 AM »

I played a bit of the first UFO: Enemy Unknown a while ago in DOSBox and that's still a great game. I can definitely see why they made a remake of it in 2012 and why that was so successful.
Yeah, I forgot that X-com had "UFO" title as well. But I was talking about newer UFO series - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO:_Aftermath
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic