Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:21:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSuper Mario Galaxy Intro Video
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy Intro Video  (Read 10139 times)
Bebop
Level 0

Space Monkey Rocks

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 06:52:22 PM »

I want a wii soo badly. This looks good but I've been following the Super smash brawl developer journal religiously. Let me tell you that they're is so BAD ASS action coming on. Damn having a hard-on just thinking about it  Grin Grin Grin Oh I forgot Mario is a platform game.You're proposition ressembles Halo warz. My comment would be let the platform genre be. It is my favorite and they're not much left. I would like to enjoy the decline of it. God (Mario) bless Castlevania *Amen*
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:56:00 PM by Bebop » Logged
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 05:38:47 AM »

Japanese Trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8Oj4CyCEGQ

Looks absolutely fantastic.

@doomlaser, mark johns
.TakaM
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 05:45:33 AM »

I think the game looks great, only thing I'm not sure of is if they are, or are going to anti alias the poly edges, because the jaggies in brawl are killing it for me.

Mario's jump to 3D always seems to come up, and I think he did it perfectly, what can I say, I play sm64 like I was born with the controller and I even love fludd in sunshine
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 06:42:23 AM »

Hey, thanks Golds!  It looks great.  Wonderment.  That's the best way I can describe what Super Mario should be about.  And this looks like it has it in boatloads.
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 07:26:08 AM »

All these nitpicks about the camera in the 3d marios is kinda silly i think...sunshine's camera is one of the very best 3d camera setups ever executed, and I can't recall a single instance where a different view would have communicated anything more valuable or interesting about the play area.

and in mario 64 you can toggle the camera to be a basic sidescroller camera at almost any time, and in fact many of the levels are designed to work properly with it that way.

So...what's the grounds for this complaint again?  Is the problem that OTHER games do 3D camera poorly?  I'm confused.

But regardless, Galaxy looks like it will be a blast, and while i disagree about its apparent simplicity i DO agree that the lack of perceived agency caused by a lack of breakable blocks is a loss; the non-jetpack levels of Sunshine had some breakable blocks and they were really fun.  While I am sure that there will be some breakable blocks in the game, my first impression is that it would be improved if they were much more pervasive.  Smashing stuff is fun!!  But part of me thinks they may have added enough other fun stuff to make me forgot about them...we shall see...

cup full of magic charisma
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »

This game looks better every time I see it.

STAR GET
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »

Amazing Shocked

Every time I see the gameplay in action it just reminds me how much I want this game, damnit!

So what is the deal on the two player mode?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:12:40 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 08:45:13 PM »

Anyone else picking up a copy tonight?  I've called a few area superstores and it looks like one might be able to pick up a copy after midnight.

@doomlaser, mark johns
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2007, 09:28:43 PM »

I'm waiting until Tuesday, so I can get the $25 gift card at TRU

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic