Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:02:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDuality ZF
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Duality ZF  (Read 4126 times)
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »

Duality ZF, an upcoming dual play 2D shooter for the Xbox 360:

NEW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7TkG6J2CWvU (April 2009 Trailer)

OLD:

(March 2009 Tech Demo)

screenshots from:
New Duality ZF Screenshots
http://xona.com/2009/03/31.html

Our latest videos:
http://www.youtube.com/XonaGames

Dual play is one player controlling two fighters at once.  We support dual play in 4X multiplayer for eight fighters at once.  Plus our weapon is a duality system... thus, Duality ZF.

The game should be out very soon, on Xbox LIVE Community Games.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:09:13 PM by Matthew Doucette » Logged

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Fuzz
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »

Very nice looking. I'm interested in this dual play concept; would this be also playable two player?
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »

Very nice looking. I'm interested in this dual play concept; would this be also playable two player?

Thank you!

It supports 4X local multiplayer.  Solo play and dual play are supported throughout, so 4 players can play each with one fighter (solo play) or each can control two fighters at once (dual play) for a total of 8 independently controlled fighters at once!

Fuzz
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »

Thank you!

It supports 4X local multiplayer.  Solo play and dual play are supported throughout, so 4 players can play each with one fighter (solo play) or each can control two fighters at once (dual play) for a total of 8 independently controlled fighters at once!
Oh, wow. That sounds really cool. I've played two player games by myself, but I've never heard of this being intended behaviour!
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 02:43:36 AM »

Its nice to see an xna game up, I'll definatly give it a try when its up

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »

Oh, wow. That sounds really cool. I've played two player games by myself, but I've never heard of this being intended behaviour!

I think we are the first to do this.  The scores of both "players" are combined.  But, the fighters interact exactly as if they are two separate players.  And we allow up to eight fighters at once.  So, in most 2-player games you can only have one player playing dual play, we allow all four players to do so.  I hope this gives us an extra edge in the market.  Plus, I think it's an experience shooter fans want to try out!

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »

8 fighter combat will be madness! should be cool, i'll certainly check it out once it's released.

also, you should use your twin brother status to shoehorn interviews and journos. Rehearse your answers so you each say every other word, they'll eat it up!  Well, hello there!

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 08:13:28 AM »

also, you should use your twin brother status to shoehorn interviews and journos. Rehearse your answers so you each say every other word, they'll eat it up!  Well, hello there!

Kudos to you, you are the first person to catch on to that (from our Duality: ZF project anyway)!  It's a good marketing idea, though.  It certainly gives our story a bit of uniqueness, which is what the journalists want.  Thanks for mentioning it!  EDIT: I will have to think of a way to sell "ourselves", or rather our story, and not just the game.  I think gamers are interested in that stuff, but I could be wrong.  I always wanted to be a developer which made those type of stories very interesting, but perhaps not so much so to someone else.

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »

We have a new trailer, check it out:

April 2009 Trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7TkG6J2CWvU (in HD)

(original 720p HD download at bottom right)

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:09:48 PM by Matthew Doucette » Logged

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:24 PM »

I like it! Looks very cool to play Smiley

but Techno music? big no-no...

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »

Eclipse, thanks.  What kind of music would you recommend?  Not that we are going back on this decision now, we actually love the music.

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »

This game is looking really nice! Please do let us know when it his XBL.  I don't play too many of the community games, but this looks to be one to change my mind.  Good luck to you!
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »

I don't play too many of the community games, but this looks to be one to change my mind.  Good luck to you!
Wow, awesome.  We hope to play a part in turning the tide on the perception of community games.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic