Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:37:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSatellite Repairman! - RELEASED :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Satellite Repairman! - RELEASED :D  (Read 4149 times)
nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 01:18:57 AM »

Spent sometime tweaking the camera to get it smoother and also with dynamic zoom. So when the player gets more speed we are able to see more of what is around.
I also changed the offset so that when the player is on the planet, it will be nearer to the bottom of the screen, and when it goes up, the camera will center the player on the screen

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:22:47 AM »

The crash sequence was awful, so now I made a new one, which blends better with the rest of the scenery

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »

that awesome moment when you finally begin replacing programmer's art Smiley

Very cool to see your early concepts evolve into this.  Interesting concept overall.  I look forward to seeing the graphic overhaul in motion.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 02:04:36 AM »

finally got a proper shadow under the player. raycasts ftw! Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/u6jdWsx.gifv

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:34 AM »

right in time for #Screenshotsaturday, finally got the player animations in! There are still a few bugs to be fixed, but overall the experience is much nicer Smiley

movement and lifting/landing

docking to a satellite and reparing

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 03:11:40 AM »

full video of installing a radar satellite and intercepting a missile Smiley

next, camera work! needs to be wayyyy smoother

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 04:31:36 AM »

Got some live satellite info showing up Smiley

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 10:03:33 AM »

things begin to look much better once the real UI kicks in :D

Kyuugatsu
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »

things begin to look much better once the real UI kicks in :D

Looks amazing!

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 12:44:49 AM »

here's the UI for interaction with buildings

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 02:58:16 AM »

Good morning from this tiny little planet.. but everything seems to be burning today xD Just implemented day cycles!

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 06:05:24 AM »

Hard changes today, had to finally scrap my prototype-ish character implementation, and move from a Kinematic Body to a Rigid Body.
Needless to say that managing walking, flying and planetary gravity is hard!

In order news, I have a sprite for the box Smiley

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »

Video demo'ing a couple of new things.

First of all, there are some explosions now :D but the missiles are still the old sprites, will replace soon.
I'm showing here the remote diagnostics working, and also the new "building deployment". This was a bit of a strategical change to the game, allowing the player to build and add new structures to the planet

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 04:57:15 AM »

working on improving the minimap/radar today

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:28:21 AM by nuno » Logged

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 07:28:59 AM »

first tests of the new EMP defense for satellites. they detect and disable all missiles in range when fired (also disable certain parts of satellites, a minor inconvenience Tongue)

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 08:40:30 AM »

ok, finally finished the minimap (for now). data can be toggled to show only whats relevant Smiley

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2016, 01:09:12 AM »

first drafts for my greenlight trailer video Smiley

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »

Great news!
The official greenlight video is out! and so is the greenlight page :D vote if you like it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796135160

I also did a simple official website for the game with official info about its gameplay.
http://www.satelliterepairman.com

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »

So this post is a summarized version of what’s been happening, the current status and where the game is going in the next few months until the release in February 2017.

One of the reasons I was so busy and a bit under pressure was because I wanted to launch the Greenlight Campaign as soon as possible (considering that you never know how long it takes to get the game approved). And launching it means I needed a lot of assets and gameplay ready to record in a video!

The official Greenlight page is at: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796135160

I also decided to launch an official website for the game at http://www.satelliterepairman.com/ which has some more screenshots and game info. Will update it soon with more public(non-dev) news.

So, during this time I made added some more gameplay ideas, to include a tiny little bit of base-building into the game. The ground buildings are:

* HQ
* Factory (to produce new satellites and satellite modules)
* Research Center (to develop new tech)
* Farm (to get food)
* Comm Tower
* Missile Defense
* Construction Yard (to make new buildings)

Using the new Construction Yard (only added it 1week before greenlight was launched), you can order new buildings and then place them around the planet. These building types are limited, so you can’t make new HQs, Research Centers or Construction Yards. Which means you only have 1 of each of these types, and you should protect them most.

The enemy attacks also come in 3 different kinds:

* missiles (explode on impact)
* death missiles (more lethal than the regular ones)
* cluster bombs – these explode in the atmosphere creating 6 smaller bombs which will spread out in different directions, causing a bigger number of explosions but of smaller intensity than the missiles.

The EMP defense (on satellites) is one of the two viable ways of defending your planet. EMP disables all kinds of missiles or bombs, making them drop dead on the ground causing only a minor explosion with little damage. The other way is, of course, by intercepting missiles with your own missile defenses.

I’m now working on adding a popular request: different planets. So besides the normal earth-like planet, there will also be 2 other planet types, a moon-type and a mars-type. The atmosphere will be different and so will the gravity conditions. I’m still considering adding other elements of differentiation like solar-flares or something like that.

This will allow for more challenging levels.

To conclude, the gameplay modes that will be available are:

* Mission Scenarios – the main mode. Missions will unlock one after the other
* Endless Survival – Test your strategy and repairman skills by attempting to survive endless attack waves
* Sandbox – A creative mode where you can set up your own challenges, difficulty and game parameters

I’m always interested in hearing other people’s views and ideas for the game, so if there’s something you’d really like to see, email/tweet/or comment Smiley

thanks for reading!!

nuno
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »

I'm looking for some beta-testers! If you want to apply, sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/bBjirD2Iu2oSFoEX2

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic