Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:01:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Easy 3D Modelling Software
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Easy 3D Modelling Software  (Read 1159 times)
badrobit
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:59:36 AM »

Hi All, I am on the search for an easy to use 3D modelling software. Ideally, I would love something that works like the voxel modelling tools Qucible or MagicaVoxel but with more options than just squares.

I would love something that offers me a pallet of geometric shapes that I can snap together to build 3D models.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:17:05 AM »

Crocotile3D

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
badrobit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:45 AM »

Thanks that looks neat but not quiet what I am looking for.

Still hoping to find something like Magicavoxel that allows me to use more shapes than just a tiny cube. Maybe if there isn't something this might be worth taking a look at making it myself.
mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »

Disclaimer: never used this piece of software myself, so take it with a grain of salt...

I've heard good things about http://www.sketchup.com/.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
badrobit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »

Thanks for passing that along, I have played with it a bit in the past but it is more of the standard 3D modelling tech in that you start with something an extrude faces and shapes to get to where you want to be.

This has been a bit of a limitation for me in that something like a voxel editor where it is more like playing with Lego's where you snap pieces together is more what I am looking for.

I have tried the making something from scratch and I just cannot do it, I can do it in a voxel editor but I quickly want to go beyond just squares into other shapes like triangles that allow you to create smooth shapes that aren't walls. Which is why I am hunting for something more like snapping together Lego's with more shapes than just a cube  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic