Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:45:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 278224 times)
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »

http://www.boogatech.com/temp/minigolf.html

This is a simple Flash mini-golf game that I made 3 years ago for an action scripting class.  The first level is the only one with a graphical overlay.  The other two just show the underlying hit detection layers of the level.  The only reason I made this was because my laptop's hard drive died, causing me to loose the platformer I was working on one week before the final project was due.

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »

where exactly does all this pixel art go.  I would love to have access to some of it seeing as how I can't draw at all.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »

Here's something from a while back:

http://www.geocities.com/f4fth/1v-untitled.zip

It was an attempt to make a Space Harrier-style game in MMF2, but it didn't get very far.  I had no real goal for the game, aside from seeing if it were possible to make, and didn't really have much reason to even make any graphics...  And so it was abandoned.

The mouse moves, left button to shoot, right button to jump, and again in the air to start/stop flying (you've got a finite "fly" meter, but it doesn't matter too much).
Mouse wheel rolls (it doesn't work too well), and you can hold the middle mouse button to keep your angle.

And press Space to start moving.
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »

Don't know if thewreck aproves of me posting this here - but i don't really care. Wink Maybe by posting i'll push him to actually finishing it.

It's a multiplayer, 2d, awesomesauce, dog-fight extreme to the max top gun game. Made by thewreck. The plane is controlled with the mouse, the further away you hold the cursor, the faster the plane will go, max speed is achieved by igniting the afterburners (holding the mouse as far away from the plane as possible).
It's a damn fine game and it's a damn shame thewreck hasn't finished it yet!

EDIT: The music is actually ingame, though i doubt it will be kept that way if released.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention; hold the mouse close enough and you'll deploy flaps.

I've always had a soft spot for 2D dogfighting games (e.g Sopwith, Dogfight), so this looks awesome. I like the control scheme as well - not only does it look very intuitive, but I don't think it's ever been done before.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »

Don't know if thewreck aproves of me posting this here - but i don't really care. Wink Maybe by posting i'll push him to actually finishing it.

It's a multiplayer, 2d, awesomesauce, dog-fight extreme to the max top gun game. Made by thewreck. The plane is controlled with the mouse, the further away you hold the cursor, the faster the plane will go, max speed is achieved by igniting the afterburners (holding the mouse as far away from the plane as possible).
It's a damn fine game and it's a damn shame thewreck hasn't finished it yet!

EDIT: The music is actually ingame, though i doubt it will be kept that way if released.

EDIT2: Forgot to mention; hold the mouse close enough and you'll deploy flaps.

It is a damn shame that looks really aweosme.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
ChevyRay
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »

Holy fucking crap I want the dogfight game NOWNOWNOW!
jango0821
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »

All of these unfinished projects have inspired me to actually finish something....

wow.... :D
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:18 AM »

Gameboy Advance game where you control a Sumo santa, and you have to push a ball at the other player. Did not make it much past the movement phase.

Another attempt at a christmas themed game, this time a Dr. Mario clone. I tried to wrap up the logic in like 2 days, so I failed.

A game I started for Pyweek #7, but did not manage to finish in time. I had the ropes working, physics sorta working, and a few other good things like that. The only troubles I ran into was proper collision for tiny fast moving squares into much larger skinny rectangles.

I've got a few more, but these will be a nice warmup.

ChevyRay
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »

I'm assuming those little squares moved in iterations larger than themselves, and and passed by the skinny rectangles without actually touching them? :D

Been there, done that. Though with certain movements, I use a loop to move the objects in several stages (eg. instead of by 16 pixels, by 4 pixels 4 times) and check for collision in each of those iterations, and breaking the loop when it happens.

Probably depends on how a game is programmed, to. Using that method too much could possibly eat up FPS.
ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2008, 08:00:28 AM »

has anyone ever considered putting together a site for orphaned game assets? 

The idea is: you find an old unfinished game on your HD, with some nice sound/music/graphics assets and upload them to the site, pick your CC license of choice and let others use what you will not.  Lord Tigersauce's Home for Orphaned Games(.com) or somesuch nonsense.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »

The idea is: you find an old unfinished game on your HD, with some nice sound/music/graphics assets and upload them to the site, pick your CC license of choice and let others use what you will not.  Lord Tigersauce's Home for Orphaned Games(.com) or somesuch nonsense.

I am so going to design a logo for that- be right back.
medieval
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2008, 08:38:35 AM »

TUGO

The Unfinished Games Orphanage
ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2008, 08:49:58 AM »

TUGSource!

I thought of the idea because I'm working on an AS3 Game Framework and was hoping to find some free assets to use in demos for the framework.

I'd be happy to provide free hosting, but it's on dreamhost (slooooooooow!).
increpare
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »

The thing about unfinished games is that most of them end up in limbo as opposed to being definitely 'dead'.  Isn't it?
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2008, 09:07:50 AM »

The thing about unfinished games is that most of them end up in limbo as opposed to being definitely 'dead'.  Isn't it?

Yeah, no matter how realistic it would be I still haven't given up on any of my games.  They're just all "on hold." Roll Eyes

Except for Little Hitler in Toyland.  I've decided to abort that fetus, it's not worth finishing.  I might reuse the hammer idea someday though.

tweet tweet @j_younger
ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:40 AM »

I guess I figured if you found some OLD stuff sitting around, you could just 'let it go'...
Moosader
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »

That would be neat.  I've started doing that with my own stuff (and, heck, even with graphics and music I have used in my games). o_o
http://moosader.com/graphics.html
http://moosader.com/Music.html

Anyways, here's what I could find of mine:

Lode Runner clone, work themed

Random platformer

Psychonauts-themed game thing something I don't know

RPG thing w/ procedurally generated maps
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:10:21 AM by Moosader » Logged

ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

thanks for posting these assets Moosader!
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »

http://www.greg-anims.com/blindrush.php

lags a ton..didnt bother sortin out the code an stuff

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »