Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 01:24:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 277253 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

hory sheet
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »

Previously to that, I was main artist on "Soul Bubbles" for Nintendo DS
Kiss
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

Previously to that, I was main artist on "Soul Bubbles" for Nintendo DS

OMG! One of my favorite games on the DS! Congratulations man :D

And those concepts/animations are awesome, don't give up!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »

Gathered up a few old Flashpunk tests and such.

Some kind of really glowy mystery adventure game I was planning, but couldn't figure out what I wanted out of the story and lost motivation to work on it.

A co-op game I had started, but ended up feeling a bit in over my head with the whole netcode thing. Had a post about it here.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2012, 02:59:12 AM »

fikey  Shocked omg awessome! it is absolutely AWESOME!!1111

i'll reanimate development of this game soon (i hope)

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »

Probably my most advanced abandoned project was a game written in freebasic (with inline x86 assembly for the processor intensive parts). It was a side scrolling shooter (think Astroboy for GBA, which was the inspiration. Or if you don't know that game, Gunstar by the same company) If memory serves, I had my own level format and I was super proud of the engine, it ran at a solid 60 fps on my medium quality computer and supported up to 128 enemies (or animated explosions) and I think 1024 bullets at the same time. I had background music and sound fx all working too. Alas this was a few years ago (I was like 13 or 14 prolly, maybe even 12, I am 19 now) and I really didn't have the patience to finish it. I sucked at drawing (even more than I suck now) and all the graphic were placeholders taken from rom's I sprite ripped. I still kind of want to make a Treasure style side scroller, but I am nowhere near a good enough spriter to pull it off.

Think happy thoughts.
RalenHlaalo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »

Check out my prototype that demonstrates what I think is a fairly promising game mechanic (though not a very creative one, I admit): http://www.robjinman.com/article.jsp?id=30

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »

Check out my prototype that demonstrates what I think is a fairly promising game mechanic (though not a very creative one, I admit): http://www.robjinman.com/article.jsp?id=30

I really do love that mechanic. It combines two of my favorite things; digdug and platforming Smiley  It is quite promising

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2012, 03:19:42 AM »

MafiaDuDes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9120262/mafiadudes.exe
(Old version of it, I'll try to get the latest asap!

and it's successor: Super Mafia DuDeS (In-Progress, so technically not unfinished): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9120262/Super%20Mafia%20DuDeS.exe

Vince_Lawrence
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »

Unfinished MMORPG Engine for Minecraft

No official releases has bin done
JakobProgsch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »

I just found this old project from a physically based simulation class, it's a breakout clone with "physical" bricks.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:04:27 AM by JakobProgsch » Logged

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2012, 05:21:51 AM »

currently on hold

fractilegames
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:49 AM »

I spent one full decade not releasing anything, so I have quite a few dead projects. This is the one that got furthest:

It was supposed to be a hovercraft racing game, where you could modify your vehicle by buying better parts and weapons. After trying add multiplayer support to it the code and the amount of work required to complete it just got out of hand and I eventually decided to dump the whole project.

I'm still hoping to one day make a hovercraft game in style of Bullfrog's Hi-octane. This wasn't completely lost work, since a lot of code (the better parts) ended up in my current project.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »

That last one actually looks quite good. Did it have any goal to it?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
pikpiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »

Man the fox game sprites look so good, really nice art there Hand Thumbs Up Right

I started dabbling in Unity about 2 years ago, looking to make a nice mobile game in my free time. Well 2 years on, I guess I am left with no launched personal titles and a bunch of prototypes that proved to be not as fun as I expected. I learned a lot more on games design/programming over the years though, coming from an artist background. 

Pieced them up in a blog http://pikpiakgames.blogspot.sg/ (you'll need a unity browser plugin to play them.)
Throw me something if u have any haha.

F8_Sean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »

I'm new here, so I figure this is the best way to introduce myself.

2010 Eternity Fragment (OHRRPGCE)
This was a concept I had been kicking around for a while, and finally pushed myself to build it in the span of about a month. A lot of the graphics were free-to-use assets from the OHR community, but I had a friend do the monster sprites. The story involves the player replaying an old RPG that they never finished, and I had ideas on exploring the way we remember games as we get older.

Screens:

Download: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/download.php?id=1181

August 2011 – June 2012 Procedural Generation RPG (XNA)
This started out as an exercise in learning XNA and ended up being an example of "design by feature-creep." I had one friend responsible for programming the combat and another responsible for sprites and music.The general idea was to create a retro RPG for XBLIG/Windows Phone that randomly generated the entire world and assumed that you'd be able to New Game+ infinitely. It's more of a technical demo than a game in that regard, because there's no story or quest for the heroes. You just go through five dungeons and the world regenerates. The combat system was designed around a command queue, and we had ideas for combos and bonuses if your commands made a "chord" (think scrolling notes in a guitar game). This one's pretty much dead because my combat programmer seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Controls: Z = Confirm, X = Cancel / Call Creature (Overworld), Enter = Start

Screens:
Trailer -

More on our website.

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23693330/DBP_Demo.zip

---

I'm still interested in the retro RPG format, but I want to define a project before I go hacking away again. Sensible, accessible design seems to be my weak point, as all my ideas are way too abstract and complicated. That makes for fun programming challenges, but lousy game design.

I just finished playing Fez Gomez and I'm really in love with the simplicity of the design. I'm trying to think of ways of applying that design philosophy to the RPG format, stripping away all the non-essential gameplay and building an experience around what's left. Of course that's easier said than done, and doing it well is another thing entirely.

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

I like programming odd things. If you're looking to collaborate on something C#/XNA/MonoGame/PSM, hit me up!

Blog | Portfolio | Twitter
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »

I just found this old project from a physically based simulation class, it's a breakout clone with "physical" bricks.

Wow! This look great. Anywhere I can download it.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2012, 08:49:59 PM »

I like this graphic style, I like the splashes of colors on the characters and how they freely interact without dum oulines everywhere

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »

This is a bit rough prototype for a game that we later actually managed to finish. We released the final pre-production version for free on Kongregate, so if you're into programmer-art action puzzle things, knock yourself out:

Dream of Pixels Prototype on Kongregate

If you like that enough to care you can see what came out of this in the announcement forum.

Boud
Level 0

They try to kill ya everytime...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »

I just dug up a game I started with a friend in 2009 on Multimedia Fusion. I think i'm gonna redo it on Unity when i find the time. It was a run & gun/ beat them all mix, set in a parodic/silly film noir//mafia/bad movies universe.

You had your pixelated mafiosis and thugs, but we were planning to go completely overboard and have levels in Africa (with rhino riding of course !) or stupid submarine bases Cheesy.

Anyway, here are some old screenshots i found :

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:42:47 AM by Boud » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic