Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:01:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 278718 times)
vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2012, 06:35:19 AM »

A reworked version of it's horribly glitchy predecessor Instance which was never really completed once I discovered the obvious flaws in it's design.

It's a puzzle game at it's core, it tries to pull off a hidden mechanic somewhere in the early levels which doesn't really work out that well.

It's a FREE download for windows, http://www.vidhvat.com/instance1000.zip, give it a shot if you like.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:08:35 AM by vids » Logged

Delko
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »

Outpost Null
Ludum Dare entry with VonZippenstein
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2011/12/21/post_null-morte/outpost_null-2/

SilverSight
7dfps entry with Criostóir
http://7dfps.org/?projects=silversight-0-5

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:18 AM »

Since this is pretty unfinished and I don't really see it going anywhere:

I saw this video of an 'advanced useless machine': http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Djc8FPHs45o

And made a crappy game/digital toy based around it because I wanted a version of my own and I don't have the necessary electronics background:

Download

Somebody might find this fun one day!

AlexStv
Level 0

Based on real events!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:29 AM »

I made a gameplay mechanic concept in flash a while back and never went anywhere with it, still hoping one day to find a use for grappling gameplay but this implementation is certainly retired. I know far too little about Action Script and as a result this prototype is not resource friendly.
Essencially the player moves around by grappling to objects and swinging around, you can try it out below. Click to create/destroy a grapple and drag and release to move while on a platform or swinging.

http://swfup.com/view/ulld
I don't know why the uploaded swf is in such small res

Edit: My profile pic is actually from this game! Forgot about that :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:24:45 PM by AlexStv » Logged

vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:53 AM »

GGJ13 entry. A small text game in HTML, programmer writing, cheap humor, very short.

Listen to Your Heart

Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »

My iOS Gravity Puzzler Cosmonautic! Still on my todo list. You can take a look at the demo.
Click left/right of the screen to move, Spacebar to switch Gravity.

play

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
mr_gant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 08, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

Love the trenchcoated main character.
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »

Unfortunately I lost all my past games because of computer troubles but I have made a ton, including a remake of Wolfenstein 3D but with optional exploration and stealth elements to make it more like the original, as well as a Fallout clone and a zombie survival game. I don't know why I stopped those, maybe because they were all clones of previous games and I didn't like that.
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »

I'll never forget you overly ambitious solo project..

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2013, 03:28:42 AM »

The constant was a short interactive novel that eases you into your character using the simple mechanic that they are blind, hence the lack of imagery. I thought it was a simple little mechanic and the story was to be based around it. I just wasn't motivated enough at the time. At certain points fleeting memories can be found hidden within sentences as hyperlinked periods [.] The images that these linked to I really, really liked. They were simple polygonal drawings based on montages of famous paintings.

pinaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »

I'll never forget you overly ambitious solo project..

I love the art, why did you stop?

ink.inc
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

overly ambitious solo project..
jiitype
« Reply #372 on: March 24, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »

Some endless shooting game I was making, then I realized it's pretty boring. Atleast I learned something about making pixel stuff.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68701242/lupter.swf
thinlikenate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2013, 04:23:18 PM »

Might go back to this one someday.
Uykered
« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »

hehe, I remember that one.
thinlikenate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »

@alastair

Hey! I remember you too! Still making games, Jack?
Andrio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »

Here's a warmup game I did for Ludum Dare 26. Might come back to it at some point.

Ludum Dare 26 Warmup - Robot Gun

Looks ugly as sin, but I didn't worry too much about graphics.

Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:28 AM »

yes, that looks cool!

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
tehjonbro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2013, 07:08:40 AM »

Hello.  This happens to be my first post here, and it is a post full of broken dreams and silly thoughts.  All of these screenshots are from projects I've abandoned that were designed with Flash.

This barren screenshot is from an old Zelda clone I started back in 2009 before I had a clue what I was doing:

At around the same time, I was tempted to make a Cave Story tribute/ripoff about animals and meat products.  This didn't go anywhere, but I thought the idea was funny and that's honestly the only reason I'm posting these shots:

Later that same year, I felt more ambitious and worked on a larger game about fish with some inspiration from Super Paper Mario. I eventually decided the gameplay was too simple to make a full game out of and I could probably implement many of its ideas into a more enjoyable game:

Far more recently (last year), I was inspired to create a dark metaphorical game with Game Boy-esque graphics, and I discontinued it after about a month, partly because I ran into difficulties planning and programming the game, but mostly because I tried hard to avoid making it into a Zelda clone, and it was becoming one anyway. I'm considering maybe bringing this game back someday, but not in the same form:

I also had an idea to create a very atmospheric, laid-back world with a soft, charming art style. I'll always love this one screenshot, but aside from this one screen, I found the project somewhat dull to work on and slowly drifted away from it:

I have plenty of other abandoned projects but these are probably the ones that seemed like they had the most potential to me at the time.

(Forgive me, I'm still adjusting to being a manbaby around these parts.)
paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »

Far more recently (last year), I was inspired to create a dark metaphorical game with Game Boy-esque graphics, and I discontinued it after about a month, partly because I ran into difficulties planning and programming the game, but mostly because I tried hard to avoid making it into a Zelda clone, and it was becoming one anyway. I'm considering maybe bringing this game back someday, but not in the same form:

I also had an idea to create a very atmospheric, laid-back world with a soft, charming art style. I'll always love this one screenshot, but aside from this one screen, I found the project somewhat dull to work on and slowly drifted away from it:

Both of these look fantastic, really interesting visual style to the second. I would be interested to see how it moves.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic