Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:15:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 278731 times)
Sanud
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:12 AM »

Pretty new-ish gamedev here (only started toying with Unreal the start of 2016, moved towards Unity by the end of 2016), but I've already got abandoned projects to speak of:

Combat JugglVR: https://taps1992.itch.io/combat-jugglvr
My reasoning behind this game was to try and make juggling a bit more "accessible" to the average joe. It then boiled down to having the same core game concept as Pong, where you're gonna try and not drop the balls from your controller, but obstacles would fly in your direction. The other controller would've been used as a bat to swat the objects out of your way. But logistical challenges made it hard for me to try and push the proper VR version out, so I'm left with a keyboard version. I'll post some screencaps here some other time. Made on Unity.

The Fallen Dynasty: https://taps1992.itch.io/the-fallen-dynasty-demo
I am a fucking Chinese history nerd, so a lot of the worldbuilding I had for this game drew heavy inspiration from Chinese classics like ROTK, and the setting is an alternative history China and its Point of Divergence is if the Qing dynasty was reclaimed by the Imperial Han. I intended to get this game out when I found a much bigger team to work with, but I wanted to work on something smaller just so that I can say "hey I shipped a game!" so I've put this in the backburner sometime in Q3 last year. On hindsight, the character introductions are really bad. I still plan on revisiting this in the future and turning it into a 2D/2.5D action RPG so I've been documenting different ways to approach the story. Could also be using this time to prototype on Unity but a current project I have is now occupying my time on Unity, so ehh. Made on Twine.

Good to know I'm not alone lmao.

Agora ta fazeh/Now making:
Narativa di Tera Sanud/Tales of Tera Sanud

pun ja fazeh/also made For Emery
Zaibach333
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 15, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »

This prototype came in a bang, someone showed me the firefly board game and I went out and bought my own copy, all the expansions, and proceeded to create my own as a video game, it added to the mechanics slightly, procedural generated maps and AI, even went into networking.  overall it was a learning experience, and the networking logic was a mess, got more heavily into mesh generation research since, not sure if I would have had I not worked on this prototype though.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »

a physics-based 2d platformer roguelike we were developing back in 2013
You can play a Mac proto-prototype (written in Ivan Safrin's Polycode C++/opengl library) here (mac download link)
There's also an older primitive Flash prototype written in flixel from who knows when at http://doomlaser.com/deathsector - it's got cool music at least

and say hi to me on Twitter @Doomlaser!

@doomlaser, mark johns
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic