Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:20:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Application not installed properly
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Application not installed properly  (Read 1391 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« on: April 18, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »

here's a screenshot from edmund:

1. The game works fine when I compile on a mac, everyone I send it to who has a mac can run it just fine

2. The game works fine for me when I compile on XP

3. I have no idea what this error implies. I packaged the file with SDL.dll, msvcrt.dll, msvcr90.dll, and mscvp90.dll. Works fine for me at least, but no combination of these dlls work for edmund

4. I have no easy way of testing if this or that works besides sending files back and forth across AIM.

5. I tried statically linking the standard library, but got massive linker errors that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of

6. Libraries I'm Using: SDL (dll), libpng (static), zlib (static), opengl32 (dll), GLee (static)

7. fuck you microsoft

8. I'm using visual studio 2008 express

9. ? ? ? ? ? ? < need help here

10. PROFIT!
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »

11. got it to static link the c++ library, but not the c library. Still no luck.

Running depends.exe shows that the required dlls are sdl.dll, opengl32.dll, msvcr80.dll, and one other (i think system32.dll)

12. found the manifest file for c/++ runtimes and put that in the folder too. no luck
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:21:44 PM »

Have you asked Edmund to run the VC redist installer first? That might fix it. I don't know that just dropping the DLLs alongside the executable works properly--Windows may be automatically looking for those in the WinSxS system folder.

See also http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=5588.0.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic