Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:19:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] [FILLED] 2D artist for tiles and entities
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] [FILLED] 2D artist for tiles and entities  (Read 1484 times)
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2016, 02:46:26 AM »

I am looking to hire an artist to create a consistent art style and sprites for the latest game I've been working on called Sudokil. Screenshots of game available below.

About the game
It is a 2d top down tile based puzzle game about using a command line interface to control robots. The themes at the moment are focused a cyber-punk/futuristic setting with a hacking vibe. Currently, I am using 32x32 pixel sprites for entities and the background tiles. For the most part, there isn't a lot of art required for the game. The current version of the game uses less than 20 32x32 sprites. This will likely be expanded to about 50 sprites in total.

Art style
So this is where it gets tricky. I am currently leaning toward a simple pixel graphics style with 32x32 sprites, but am definitely very open to different styles for the game. In its current state, the art is very simple and should not be difficult or time consuming to create. The main thing I really want is for the art to be consistent, aesthetically pleasing, and most importantly very clear. Clear meaning that it should be very easy for the player to distinguish what they are looking at so that it does not impede gameplay.

Payment
Will pay a fixed price per sprite created in a consistent art style. Note, I am working on this as a side project, and am not looking to invest a lot of money into it. I have a few hundred dollars spare to spruce up the aesthetics.

What I am looking for
- I can provide a list of needed sprites with some descriptions about each
- able to work at a fixed rate per sprite
- for the most part, not time sensitive, but will have some flexible deadlines set
- art will be original work, and I will get exclusive rights (of course you can display it on your website or whatever, but it shouldn't then be used in another game)
- artist will likely be free to continue doing small adhoc work over the next year or two as new items are added to the game (might have a few new tiles every month or so)
- would be awesome to have the first batch of 15 sprites by 25th Oct because of game demonstrations
- passion for games, and hopefully passion for this one

Links
itch.io - https://locknic.itch.io/sudokil
Devlog - https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44373.0

Contact
dom.mortlock (at) gmail.com

Please include these in contact
- links to examples of proposed art style
- links to portfolio or past work
- proposal of price per sprite

Bonus
I am super open to going for any art style. If you have a cool idea to fit the theme, I'd be willing to pay a bit for an experimental mockup of a small level to be made. (something like example level 2).

Game with current programmer art

Example sprites

Example level

Example level2

Gif

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:29:06 AM by locknic » Logged

locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:47:33 AM »

I've been getting a couple of emails here and there, but still looking if anyone is interested. Cheers.

locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:28:45 AM »

Hi,

Thank you everyone for contacting me. I've received some amazing portfolios, and have found my artist for now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic