Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:47:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeNeed Ideas of 80s Style Arcade Games for Competition
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Ideas of 80s Style Arcade Games for Competition  (Read 1548 times)
Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »

Hey,

So I'm currently in a club that has a competition where you have to make a game. This year, the challenge is to make an 80s style arcade game. Can you guys throw some ideas at me? I prefer to make 2d sidescrollers, like Risk of Rain.

Please keep in mind that they're probably not gonna be too strict on the "80s style" part, considering this is a highschool competition. Pixel art should suffice.

I was considering making an arcade game where the player can transform into different animals to solve different puzzles in the map, but I felt that my implementations of each animal would be too boring (Just changing movement). I was also thinking about a game where the player can change elements, or copy enemys' powers by consuming them.

I appreciate all ideas and posts :D

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »

Blast Striker, Road Raider, Michael Jackson's Partytropolis, Raygun Diaries, those are my favourite 80s games
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »

80s and arcade impose so little restrictions on what to do that it's hard to come up with something. However, for some reason the first thing that came to mind is a top down space shooter with lots of neon. The screen is vertical and it scrolls down. It's a very specific image in my head o_o

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic