Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:32:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoulblight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Soulblight  (Read 20504 times)
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 03:02:39 AM »

Thanks Jctwood. Glad you like it! Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »

Today I've decided to share with you some weapon designs. As you can see we're trying to marge some tech into medieval weaponry.

The fear of all that is technical is rooted deep in the hearts of the society. But you have to overcome it as those devices are much more potent than simple swords made by the blacksmiths of the present day.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 05:02:06 AM »

First glimpse at story behind Soulblight

What is Soulblight? When technology was still present in the world, the Sanctuary was a safe haven for those who sought knowledge. A place where greatest minds could practice science freely manufacturing many wonders of technology.

That is until something happened that science could not explain. A machinery that studied foundations of human nature imploded giving birth to a mystical tree. With it came along a power so great that it shattered a space-time around it, leaking anomaly from alternate dimension - Soulblight.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »

Love the circular saw axe.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »

Christmas is almost here. You can feel its spirit even in a basement where I have my office. Cozy isn't it Smiley

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »

A belated "Merry Christmas" to you, too! I hope that you had a happy one. ^_^

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 03:26:58 AM »

Another piece of the story

No one knows where did the crystal covered beasts come from. But the fact remains, they did come. As conventional methods of warfare proved themselves useless against the aggressor mankind has no other choice but to turn to the Ancients and their secret of forgotten technology.

Holding it is the legendary Soulblight - tree growing in the center of the abandoned Sanctuary. The prophecy says that wisdom to create powerful machinery awaits those who will drink from the roots of the tree. But beware wisdom has a price. Will you dare to find Soulblight and bring peace to this broken world?

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »

A belated "Merry Christmas" to you, too! I hope that you had a happy one. ^_^

Thx Thaumaturge It was an Ok year for my much better then 2015 for sure. Hope 2017 will be even better Smiley. And how was your year? (Sorry for delay in answere)

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »

Likewise, I hope that 2017 is for you a happier year than the last! ^_^

For me, 2016 was... Pretty good, overall, I think--thank you for asking. ^_^

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 04:53:53 AM »

New Year’s Resolution

Hello everybody! How’s 2017 so far? New year is always a good excuse to introduce some changes into our lives. My New Year’s Resolution is to get more in touch with all you people reading thous posts of mine

Some of you recently complained that, in the information jungle out there, you often miss my updates. Well… We’re just few people working on a game and sharing our content. Sometimes we just can’t get through all the noise and commotion. But don’t worry - I’ve decided that the first step for us to know each other better would be to create a reliable way for you to fallow our adventures. And so I’ve set up a newsletter.

Every month I’ll be sending out a summary of all that happened recently in our project. If your interested - visit our page and sign up!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:02:39 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 07:03:12 AM »

I've realized haven't shared with you any new screenshots. This time I decided to go for more "in action" situation. So what do you think?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:43:14 AM by abraksil » Logged

nu_muso
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 07:52:06 AM »

Yea, apart from this looking crazy awesome, it's a great lesson in how to create a trailer Toast Right
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »

Glad you like the vid nu_muso. It was my first trailer to be honest. I spend like 2 weeks polishing it thought Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 06:05:58 AM »

Recently I've bumped into this article in Fextralife describing the problem we're trying to address in Soulblight

Reading though the comments is started to wounder how different people approach the character creation process often found in RPG games. Are you trying to create characters that are as similar to you as possible. Or maybe it is more about fantasy of being someone totally different. Do you decide who the character is right at the beginning of the game carefully setting up everything to fit your overall design. Or do you just pick something up and let the adventure shape who he/she will become.

So? how is it with you?

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 10:54:50 AM »

This week I've decided to share with you a gif so you can notice all these little ambient animations we're adding. Although players rarely notice them while enjoining the game the are very important. Without them environments seem to be dead artificial.

nu_muso
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 08:19:47 PM »

They really do make a difference from the usual static fare. It's these little details that make a quality game. Great job Smiley
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 04:51:32 PM »

Thanks nu_muso Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »

In Soulblight we're going for tactical stamina based combat simular to that you might know from Dark Souls series. On that note here's one of the spear attack animations for you Smiley

Because our game's combat mechanics in inspired by Dark Souls I try to play it every day after work Smiley. I do so relax and learn a bit more about it's design. I've discovered it's much more fun to do it in the company and that's why I started streaming.

So how about it? Want to join me in my gaming adventures?Smiley
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:41:44 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »

Hey Everybody!
This weeks's update is a bit early then usually as In two days we'll be presenting Soulblight at White Nights Conference in Prague. Recently I've introduced some new solutions to our combat mechanic to add even more tactical depth to it. The festival is a perfect opportunity for play test. We will see how human specimens will handle the challenge I've prepared Wink

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:43:36 PM by abraksil » Logged

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »

is there a way for me to maybe collect some "Demon's Soul's" or "Dark Soul's" in this game? really curious. thank you! this is a good looking videogame, it reminds me of an alternate world where people decided to make more games like [top down survival RPG with sci-fi setting from around 2008]

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic