Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:04:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoulblight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Soulblight  (Read 20394 times)
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2017, 04:01:42 AM »

Hi The Armorman Smiley
Althought our combat mechanic is a bit inspired by Dark Souls there will be no Soul collecting mechanic in our game. Soulblight is a roguelike/roguelite but we plan for some meta game progression mechanic (although collecting Souls isn't one of them Smiley)

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »

And so I'm back form Wight Nights Conference in Prague. It was a very intensive even. Throughout the entire event I had time for only this one picture Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »

Choose wisely! The path you take will shape who you will become...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:04:28 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:10 AM »

So it's Monday again and it's time for another update. Today I've prepared an Info grphic showing few difrent Taints you'll be able to acquire in Soulblight

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »

Loot Sneak and Fight! All to survive your quest for Soulblight

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:18 AM »

This looks incredible. Specially loving the art and environment design, makes the top-down perspective so enjoyable while being able to discern background from foreground. Also loving the mood overall, amazing work.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »

Thanks for the warm words jg.camarasa. if you would like to know a bit more about our approach to top down perspective here's a short article I wrote during our SEC campaigning on that matter Smiley - Challenges of Top-Down View

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 07:35:47 AM »

Thanks for the warm words jg.camarasa. if you would like to know a bit more about our approach to top down perspective here's a short article I wrote during our SEC campaigning on that matter Smiley - Challenges of Top-Down View

That illusion of convexity effect is simply amazing!
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:04 AM »

During your journey through the sanctuary you’ll come across rare A'dr gems that can fuel a mysterious process of transmutation. Legend tells that some of thous crystals can also be infused with a human soul.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »

Passed week was an intensive one but it was definitely worth it as we've reached the ALFA!

Different developers define "ALPHA" in a bit different way. For us this means you can actually play and finish the entire game. You can visit all the locations and all the mechanic are already in place. This doesn't mean the game is finished thought. There's still a lot of work ahead of us. Most of the locations lack light, particles and ambient animations. ALPHA doesn't mean the programming and designing work is finished as well. From now on though we will be focusing on adjusting and balancing the gameplay. This means soon we might be in need of testers so stay tuned Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:34:28 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »

To seek out the Soulblight you will have to face strange and horrifying machine created hundreds years ago in the Age of Wonder. Meet Marauder, Brute and Sentry. Know that there are many other iron monster that will stand in your way...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:31:39 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2017, 08:04:02 AM »

Soulblight Alpha Tests - Want to help us?

As you all know Soulblight has reached Alpha recently. Now it's time to begin some tests. Want to help us? Sign up for our newsletter.

Every monday we'll randomly choose few people from our newsletter list and send them an invitation to Soulblight Inner Circle Smiley Accepting means you'll receive a demo steam key. It'll gives you access to a short part of the game that we'll update every couple of weeks. Along the steam key you'll also receive an invited to a special Discord channel. There you'll be able to talk to us and help us decided on the direction we'll be taking the game.

Don't want to wait your turn in our little lottery? You don't have too Smiley Just tweet about our game using the #Soulblight tag and send us the link. The person that scores the highest number of retweets that week will receive an invitation as well.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »

Sometimes it is better to take your enemy out without the fight... if your honor allows you to do such a thing... Be careful though, the environment might be traitorous. One wrong move and the sound you make will alert your prey.

mike.cullingham
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »

Sounds like a really clever RP system with the taint mechanics.  Very curious to see how it plays out.

twitter: <a href="https://twitter.com/mike_cullingham">@mike_cullingham</a>
abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »

Glad you like the idea mike.cullingham
If you're interested you can sign up for alpha test at my home page: www.mynextgames.com
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:27:50 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »

Second week of alpha test is behind us. So far everything seems to be going well. Besides clearing out few minor bugs we've added new combat action - dash (you can see it on the gif above). It's effectiveness scales down with the amount of armor your character is wearing. This allowed us better differentiate play style of heavily and lightly equipped characters. Thanks to our testers we've been also able to better evaluate the difficulty of our game. It seems our complex mechanics tend to confuse players at the beginning. To smoothen the difficulty curve without lowering it all along we've decided to create a short introductory level. Don't worry you won't have to play it over and over again with every run Smiley It will launch only when you play the game for the first time.

That's all for this week Folks Smiley

Remember if you're interested in joining our alpha test sign up at my home page
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:26:48 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »

Today I would like to show you a parry mechanic. How it works is it throws enemy off balance when you perfectly time your block. Additionally you revive a few seconds of slow motion. You can use it to reposition before striking a deadly blow

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »

Haven't show any attack animations for some time so here's one with 2h-weapon.

Also I've set up a subreddit for ourself this week. Me and other members of the team post updates on the game there as well as share info on other games we find interesting. Here it is if you'd like to follow us there r/MyNextGames

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »

I like the armless animation.

Some feedback on your English in the taint menu:

Try "Being wounded gives you Rage boost" spelling it this way gives you cause then effect. It is easier to understand this way.

"the stronger you are the more different items you're carrying" doesn't parse. I think you meant to say "The more items you carry the stronger you are" or "Carrying excessive items gives you a Strength boost"

or possibly "As Strength increases, so does Endurance (item carry capacity)"

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2017, 02:32:44 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Especial in writing department. Writing isn't my strongest suit to be honest Sad

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic