Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:43:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSoulblight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Soulblight  (Read 20505 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2017, 08:45:46 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Smiley Especial in writing department. Writing isn't my strongest suit to be honest Sad

Np mate, happy to help. Feel free to PM me your copy from the game (ability descriptions etc) and I'm happy to take a look and suggest edits.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »

To avoid tedious tutorials that prevent you from jumping straight into the game we use top-down perspective of our game and just leave the hints on the floor

irn
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2017, 12:02:13 PM »

Looks good. Perhaps there is slight visual chaos because everything has such high contrast and everything tries to steal player`s attention. But still interesting.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2017, 07:29:35 AM »

Wohoo! Soulblight has been chosen as one of Digital Dragons: Indie Showcase finalist
If you happen to be at the Digital Dragons next week drop say hello and give our game a try

And here's the link if you'd like to know a bit more about the event: Digitla Dragons Conference
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:37:57 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 07:23:13 AM »

This weeks post is a bit late as we've just wen't back from showcasing Soulblight at Digital Dragons It was one awesome event! And here you have few photos from our stand Smiley

Jurek - Soulblight Story designer on the right, and me - Kuba on the left Smiley

As you can we had an awesome view. Wawel - The castle around witch the city (Kraków) was build straight a head of us on the other side of the river

convention main hall looked quite impressive as well Smiley

And here's our trusty orange air-arm chair we take with us on every event :D

That's all for today folks
cya next week Smiley
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:31:53 AM by abraksil » Logged

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2017, 12:11:35 PM »

We've recently started designing NPCs you will be able to meet in Soulblight

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »

Last week I brought you some early NPC designs. Now I'd like to show you how they look like a bit further down the line. We're trying out a new way of shading to better differentiate them from the backgrounds.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »

Haven't show any GIFs for couple of weeks so here comes a shield & axe attack animation. I'm pretty satisfied how we can present complex movement on our 2D character without frame by frame animations Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

Today I have something special for you :D I was browsing through my hard drive and found some of the first screen I ever took from the Soulblight. Well actually back then it didn't even have a title yet. Heheehe Smiley thous were the days...

I referred to it as "The Hero Project" because defining the personality of the main character was something I was going for from the very start. And here's one of the new screens so you can see the difference Smiley

We've come a long way with our project since its beginning Smiley don't you think?

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »

This week I would like to talk in more detail how we build Soulblight tactical combat around distance control Smiley So each character during the fight is surrounded by the circle which represent its position on the battlefield. By pressing the right button you can light up a frontal part of it and activate what we call the grip. When the grip touches another circle the characters become engaged to represent the clinch combat. This maneuver besides linking the characters together also forces them to use a secondary attack

Depending on the weapon this attack might be less or more powerful than the main one. The wielder of the more cumbersome weapon now will be forced to find a way to disengage. The easiest way to do it is by performing a special slam action. He need to be careful though this maneuver burns through a lot of stamina.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 03:11:18 AM »

By implementing certain level of inertia depending on how well armored your character is we’ve allowed the faster character to be able to outmaneuver the heavier foes. This way you can get on the back of the heavier opponents and gain a massive advantage by doing so. Though it isn’t easy it greatly increases the damage you deal as well as prevents the enemy from hitting you with his attacks.

KPas
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 06:48:44 AM »

I like your idea of the "clinch combat"! The linking of the opponents is very suitable for a top down game, I think. This could set a precedent.

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »

Glad to hear you like the idea KPas Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »

This week our first character started to have something more to say then "MISSING TEXT" :D If you wish to have a lovely little chat witch Cecil you can sign up for Soulblight alpha tests at: www.mynextgames.com Wink

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2017, 04:20:51 AM »

Today I have just a little update as we're preparing for a big announcement next week Smiley We've recently improved on our shopping mechanic. Now you will be able to acquire individual items instead of paying for entire batch. The interface became more intuitive as well!

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »

Hey Everybody!
As mentioned last week, today I have a big announcement Smiley We’ve been preparing it for weeks, and now we’re finally ready! Soulblight will go live at kickstarter on August 17th! We will be revealing more info on what’s to come as we get closer to the date. For now help us announce the news to the world and support our Thunderclap: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/59652-soulblight-live-on-kickstarter

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »

Something special came in a mail today. Do you know what this means? Wink

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »

Congrats!

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2017, 02:50:56 AM »

THX quantumpotato Smiley

abraksil
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »

Yes everybody! We’re going to Seattle! The main point of our upcoming Kickstarter will be our visit at PAX WEST. We’ve been selected by Foundation Indie Games Poland to showcase our game at their stand this year. If you happen to be at PAX this year drop by Polish booth and say hello Smiley

P.S Soulblight Kickstarter will go live on AUG 17th. Don’t forget to support our thunderclap: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/59652-soulblight-live-on-kickstarter

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic