Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:10:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsWho's going to Steam Dev Days?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Who's going to Steam Dev Days?  (Read 1648 times)
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »

It feels like there should be a topic for this, but I can't find one. Who from the forums is gonna be at Dev Days this week? Maybe we can meet up.  Coffee

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:37 PM »

Just got done with the first day! Some interesting panels, but nothing revolutionary. The happy hour was nice, got to play some VR stuff and mingle with the devs.

Looking forward to tomorrow's panels, lots of interesting talks!

How did you like it?
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

I'm having an awesome time! It's my first Gamedev conference, and while yesterday's talks were underwhelming (and the crowds overwhelming—I had to take a few breaks and just find space to be alone and regroup myself or else I would have had a major depressive breakdown) I ended up meeting a lot of awesome people so far including Jeff Vogel at a party afterwards. Today's "Psychology in Games" talk was pretty great too. It covered a lot of things I already knew but I would definitely link it to beginning game designers and people managing multiplayer communities.

Koobazaur
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:05:31 PM »

Oh yea, the Psychology one was my favorite panels. The other ones were a bit meh tbh. But chatting with fellow devs and all the free shwag/food/booze totally made it worthwhile! I actually met a rep of my publisher who flew all the way from France and we chatted for like 3 hours, it was great. Turns out we have the same taste in games haha!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic