Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:05:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPrivate Party - an RPG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Private Party - an RPG  (Read 19252 times)
breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »

Indiegogo isn't as good as Kickstarter in my opinion, but if you do a good job campaigning you can do alright.

Also, keep in mind that Steam Greenlight is being discontinued this spring. You only have about a month to put a new game on Greenlight. After that they will have Steam Direct which will be more expensive but your game won't go through a voting process, it will just be released.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »

Also, keep in mind that Steam Greenlight is being discontinued this spring. You only have about a month to put a new game on Greenlight. After that they will have Steam Direct which will be more expensive but your game won't go through a voting process, it will just be released.

Wait, what ? How I didn't know that ?
So, it's too late for greenlight, now I need to check this Steam Direct.
Thanks for the info!

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2017, 02:33:35 PM »

Hey people!

I'm still alive!

Sorry about the long silence, it was carnival here and I got lazy. Now I'm back to my "main" house and college, so my progress will be slow again.

Currently, I'm working on the early test. It was like 90% done, until I had a crazy idea! now it's about 60%... Roll Eyes

Just to not leave this post empty, I'll show something a did a while ago, but I don't think I showed you.

It's the super-innovating-never-saw-before mechanic of using one character at a time to do something.
Just don't look at the mouse cursor. Don't look at the ugly animations of Doki going up either.

About the crazy idea, I am trying to make a silly animation on the beginning. (I'm sketching it now to see if it will be cool).

I have "two" battles basically done, I just need to make little tweaks.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2017, 09:29:46 AM »

I'm still following along ^_^

Take your time if you need to, sometimes a masterpiece doesn't come out right away.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »

I'm still following along ^_^

Take your time if you need to, sometimes a masterpiece doesn't come out right away.

Yeah... things are a little slow right now.
I've been super busy lately, so I can only work about 1 hour a day on the game.

Right now I'm trying to implementing new things (but carefully to not enter in a loop of infinite game developing).

Anyway, I really appreciate your support, it gives me more confidence about my game, and I'm really looking forward to send you the early beta! (but it still will take a while.)

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »

Hello people. I have good and terrible news.

Starting from the terrible: Private party is cancelled.

And the good news are: April 1st !!!

Sorry about being gone for a good while (and about the "prank"), but the game is still going!

Of course, things that should take 3 days, now are taking weeks. But they're still going.

So, to celebrate the non-cancellation of the game I'll show you some new (and not so new) characters!

Piros:
This one was the main character of the game (in the first week of development). Now he is an above average NPC. He will probably be a slightly hard to find NPC and will teach you a new skill (or give itens, because not everybody has skills).

Lola:
Don't judge her by her looks, she knows things. Anyway, gameplay wise she will be another important NPC.

Dina:

This one is Dina. If you follow me on twitter you probably have seen her before. She will play an important hole in the story... probably will be in the demo. By the way, her house is almost finished (that is like, 10% finished).

About the bosses...

Well, even though the bosses will play an important hole in the game, I haven't done any "serious" boss yet.
I have some sketches of the big villain. I also have some ideas for other bosses and... that's it.

So, the game is almost 1 year old but veeery far from complete. I hope I can release a demo this year.

So people, what do you think ? Please don't disappear like I do. Share with me your thoughts.

Now, stay with this happy sun GIF I forgot to loop:

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2017, 05:40:02 AM »

Don't think I've seen Piros or Lola before? They fit in well with the other characters - the art style is really endearing on all the characters Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »

Don't think I've seen Piros or Lola before? They fit in well with the other characters - the art style is really endearing on all the characters Smiley

Hello pixel noise!

Thanks! I spend a lot of time on the characters design because I think it's very important and because my drawing skills are pretty weak...
So, your compliment really means a lot.

And, yes this is the first time I show this two. Even though they're quite "old" already.

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2017, 08:05:36 AM »

Hello guys !

Sorry for still be quiet. But, the game is still coming.

I would like your help for some art stuff.
Look at this image:

The beds look fine (hopefully), but the desk... I'm not sure. Does it look ok ?
If you say it doesn't, I'll redo it, but this time with the same perspective of the beds. Because most of my side objects look weird.

So what do you think? Side objects suck and I should make the less possible? or I suck at side objects? Or, maybe it doesn't look that bad?

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

Beds look great! And the table looks fine but maybe a subtle bit of shading on the edge might be enough?

That might be a bit too subtle though, but something like that I'd say. Game's looking good btw!

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »

Hey there! It's nice to see you again!

Adding a shadow is a nice and simple idea.

The funny thing is that I've already used shadows for other sprites, but I totally forgot about them for this one.

I'll definitely try this out and see how it looks.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2017, 07:35:36 AM »

Here's my rendition!

Glad to see you're still working on this. I've been coming back to see more like every week XD

You'll just have to decide if it's within your art style to do shading like that. If you do it here, you have to do it everywhere else for consistency.

By the by, my project is just taking off again in a couple weeks. I made some major changes and had to go into a cocoon for a bit.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:40 AM »

Hello, eidobunny !

Glad to see you're still working on this. I've been coming back to see more like every week XD

Every week ? Really ? That's so awesome!! (I wish I could update this devlog more often)

Your version looks great! It has so much more depth. I usually don't draw the lights, only the shadows. But I still can (and I will) use your better shadowing in the legs of the table and objects.

By the by, my project is just taking off again in a couple weeks. I made some major changes and had to go into a cocoon for a bit.

Just like you, I check your project every now and then. I'm very curious about what you've been doing these weeks.

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »

Just like you, I check your project every now and then. I'm very curious about what you've been doing these weeks.

A complete 180 lmao

It's going to be really good. That's all I'll say for now. New announcement will be made in 2 weeks but I doubt I'll have gameplay for a while.

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2017, 03:58:26 AM »

Hello people!
I'm here to ask for your opinion (again).

Some of you probably have seen on my twitter that I was experimenting with color palettes.
I think the colors (along with the music) are the main aspects that creates a mood for the scene.

So, I changed completely the colors of one of the places as a test.

I liked the new kind-of-purple one, but since this is such a big change, I would like to know what people besides me think.

vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2017, 11:43:11 AM »

I think it depends of the mood of the scene. The left one looks warm and cozy, the right one looks cold and dark (maybe mysterious?).

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »

I think it depends of the mood of the scene. The left one looks warm and cozy, the right one looks cold and dark (maybe mysterious?).

Great! Your answer was what I was hoping for, now the palettes changes are viable thing. Thanks!!

Now, I just need to decide which one fits best with the scene.

Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

Hello people!

I have some interesting news.

Remember when I said I would send builds of my game for you to test?
No?
Well, I did it a while ago.

Anyway, it's coming!

It won't be very polished and it will probably have some bugs, but what I want is to see if the concept of the game is interesting for the players. I'm saying this because I was overworking the details.

However, it's not done yet. I'll try to finish it this week if possible.

If you are interested on testing it, tell me; your feedback will be appreciated.

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »

Definitely interested!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »

Definitely interested!

Yay!! Just don't mind the lack of music on the game XD

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic