Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:34:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAny Street Fighter fans out there?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any Street Fighter fans out there?  (Read 1017 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2016, 06:58:35 AM »

I enjoyed this rant

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »

DSP is not exactly someone who's opinion is well respected in the FGC (or even by casual fighting game players). Have you watched any of his other videos? Every fighting games sucks to him when he's losing.

That said SFV certainly has issues. The main one being frame lag that even I can feel, let alone high level players.

Edit: I watched a little bit of the video. The base points he's making aren't really true. Tons of major players in the competitive community also criticize SFV. In fact it's a pretty even split. KBrad for instance is constantly criticizing the game and he's one of the most visible sponsored players out there.

EditEdit: A lot of the stuff he's saying isn't really true at all. It's not true that most people don't like him because he's honest. It's because like lowtiergod, he blames all his losses on everything but himself. He doesn't take responsibility for his own flaws.

EditEditEdit: What is chun's invincible reversal he's referring to? Is he referring to EX spinning bird? You can't execute that while you're being rushed down.

EditEditEditEdit: Ok there's a ton of things he's saying that are just plain untrue (Cviper what?) . I'm turning this off at 15 mins. He's like the Bill Oreilly of fighting games. Too much energy required to address every point he makes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:11:43 PM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 03:12:31 PM »

DSP stinks and should not be given attention
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »

i recently made myself a hitbox style stick so im gonna start goin to my local streets meets

i know enough about street fighter to know dsp is a shit

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:39 AM »

DSP stinks and should not be given attention

I dunno man, I've found Digital Signal Processing pretty useful. I use it quite a bit in my own music in fact. I know there are some analog diehards out there, but if you ask me, you gotta move with the times. No point pretending it's still 1971.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:42:55 AM »

i recently made myself a hitbox style stick so im gonna start goin to my local streets meets

i know enough about street fighter to know dsp is a shit

Nice! Post photos.

I used to play UMvC3 against another employee at my old work who used a hitbox. He pulled off some crazy stuff with it. He had an amazing Naruhodo-kun too.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 07:37:37 AM »

im planning on having a bottom that isn't paper based (although it fits the overall aesthetic very well)

update: street fighter is hard
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:56:10 PM by Landshark RAWR » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

I've always found these style of one-on-one fighting games to be too rigid and static for my tastes. I guess that's what the momentum-filled Smash Bros does to you, huh. I don't have anyone to play with irl anyways, so RIP.

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

I usually go to a blazblu meetup (to play whatever isnt blazblu usually) so it's gonna take me a little while to get used to the pacing

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »

I've always found these style of one-on-one fighting games to be too rigid and static for my tastes. I guess that's what the momentum-filled Smash Bros does to you, huh. I don't have anyone to play with irl anyways, so RIP.

I need elaboration :p

also if we have a fighting game discussion thread, it really shouldn't be one where the OP contains a DSP video.

Also Landshark that is awesome! I want to try to make my own some day myself but I've mostly been a collector of other peoples work so far.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »

I could write essays on any given topic in Smash if anyone is interested. Competitive 4 player. I would love a general fighting game thread as well since I take interest in most of them

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »

I could write essays on any given topic in Smash if anyone is interested. Competitive 4 player. I would love a general fighting game thread as well since I take interest in most of them

Post the type of thread you want to see in the world
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »

i guess im a urien main now

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic