Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:59:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesChase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories (new "Cing" game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories (new "Cing" game)  (Read 694 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »

So new Cing ArcSystems game hit the eShop in Europe couple of days ago. Being a huge Hotel Dusk and Last Window fan (as you might guess) I bought and played it today. Really short but sweet detective mystery game from former Cing staff. If you liked Hotel Dusk and Last Window, you'll like this.

Also looks like it'll be episodic and this first one acts as a experiment to see how well it does. So please go and buy it for $6 since I want to see next episodes Grin

For those not familiar with Hotel Dusk and Last Window, they were story and character driven adventure games/visual novels with well written detective stories originally released for DS. If that sounds like your thing I recommend to check them out too.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »

oohhhh, forgot this was a thing. have you played it already? how is it?
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »

Yeah I played it in one sitting. In my opinion it was really good and had few call backs to old games and had similar feeling to Kyle Hyde's adventures. Main differences were that this was more "pure" visual novel than Hotel Dusk with no free movement and more on dialogue sprinkled with few choices here and there. The duration is about 1-2 hours. Locations were limited and most of the story was driven through deduction and interrogating.

Game seems to be "on budget" as its price might suggest, but it makes all out of it with good writing and interesting characters and really nice pacing. I found this review to be on point:
http://sega-addicts.com/2016/10/13/chase-cold-case-investigations-distant-memories-review/

Imo, it is good though not as good as Hotel Dusk but considering it is only $6 and there will be more episodes later on I found it a really good deal. Also presentation is superb.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »

Oh hell yes. I go on Vacation in 3 days and Hotel Dusk 215 is one of my favorite games. Perfect timing.

I thought Cing shut down a couple years back. Is that wrong or have they come back?

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 11:03:50 PM »

They went bankrupt yes but apparently Arc System Works has hired the whole original team to make this game.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 06:44:42 AM »

Ah yes, I saw that when purchasing the game. I guess it's a portion of the original team?

Either way bought. Looking forward to playing this.

Still trying to track down a copy of Last Window...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic