Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:34:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPachakutiq - gratuitous 2D animation, with updated spelling
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Pachakutiq - gratuitous 2D animation, with updated spelling  (Read 46743 times)
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2017, 06:19:37 AM »

Here're the first colored animation attempts to start the week!

I resaturated a bit the palette I had intended to use for coloring the Acrobat form, as I found it a bit too drab now that some time has passed, and I was afraid it'd lack visibility against the backgrounds.

If anything that needs fixing jumps out at you, I'd love to hear it - otherwise, I'm set to go through the entire animation list again, from the top. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:25:11 AM by Pehesse » Logged

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »

Now that I've got the idea and know how to actually do it, I can share some of the process in video form earlier than before!

I'm planning at least another for the Warrior down the line, and if you're interested in seeing more for them both, I'll be happy to record a few more coloring sessions :-D

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »

I want to give you an upvote, but we're not on Reddit Sad
I think I said before that this deserves more attention.
How many people outside the internet have you shown this game to?
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2017, 11:02:08 PM »

I want to give you an upvote, but we're not on Reddit Sad
I think I said before that this deserves more attention.
How many people outside the internet have you shown this game to?

Hah, we may not be on Reddit but I still appreciate the intent, thank you very much :-D

I've shown the game to just about everyone I know IRL in addition to what I do on the internet (including to the nurse who came to bandage my hand a few weeks ago - to my defense, she asked! :-D), however my outreach is limited by my real life situation, both geographical and financial. In short, if I want to show the game to more real-life people, I need to attend events and conventions, and this costs WAY too much for my budget right now. I went into this a few times, but my monthly budget is currently just enough to afford my rent, bills and food.

On the subject of exposure and if I may be candid for a minute, if you (or anyone, speaking broadly here) strongly feels a game should get more eyes on it, one of the best things you can do to help is to talk about it yourself with your friends and on the sites you visit. Any dev's outreach is limited, but it expands tremendously with their fan's - and even just dropping a comment to one's favorite youtuber, or forum, is a more tangible support than most realize. In fact, it's likely to lead to much better results down the line: in the case of streamers, for instance, most of the time they'll listen to their audiences' requests to stream something, rather than some unknown dev's tentative outreach.

Pacha is still very early, so there's still a way to go before that sort of contact would really help, but as a general rule of thumb in regards to the relation between creators and their audience, I believe this is something to keep in mind. If you like something, definitely talk about it - not just to those who made it (though that's absolutely fantastic and helps keep the drive up), but also to those you think might like the game as well, and whom the game may never reach otherwise!

jordanchin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »

Now that I've got the idea and know how to actually do it, I can share some of the process in video form earlier than before!

I'm planning at least another for the Warrior down the line, and if you're interested in seeing more for them both, I'll be happy to record a few more coloring sessions :-D

Thanks for sharing the process. Things are looking good with color!

Composer & Sound Designer
www.jordanchinmusic.com
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »

Thanks for sharing the process. Things are looking good with color!

Many thanks, Jordan - should be even more interesting with backgrounds, that'll come next ASAP :-)

For now, here's what this week's animation batch looks like:

Coloring the character was fairly simple stuff, but what's all new to me is coloring smears and effects, since I didn't use many (or any) of those in Honey. In the end, I went back to my previous illustrations and the different attempts at visual effects I did there to try and reproduce some :-D

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2017, 05:26:44 AM »

Great concept! Diggin the brightness and Incan theme Smiley

Do you have twitter? Would be easier to spread the word if there was a tweet to re-tweet etc

Keep up the good work!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2017, 05:30:58 AM »

Do you have twitter? Would be easier to spread the word if there was a tweet to re-tweet etc

Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot, and I do! It's here: https://twitter.com/lavantdapres

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »

Keep up the good work!

Followed and retweeted. Lets get the word out Wink

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »

Keep up the good work!

Followed and retweeted. Lets get the word out Wink

You're the best! :-D :-D

TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2017, 07:08:21 AM »

It's good to see that this project is coming along nicely.

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2017, 09:48:45 PM »

It's good to see that this project is coming along nicely.

Thanks for keeping up with it :-D It's going to take a *lot* longer still, but I hope slow and steady will win this race - or at least, get to the finish line!

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2017, 04:35:02 AM »

Its all about the journey! not the destination Wink

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2017, 04:39:40 AM »

I absolutely love the look of this. Beautiful animation!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2017, 07:22:17 AM »

Its all about the journey! not the destination Wink

Exactly - a pretty long trip, in this case, but I dearly hope it'll be worthwhile... and the destination, too, if possible :-D

I absolutely love the look of this. Beautiful animation!

Many thanks!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

This week: you guessed it... more colored animation! Told you it'd take a while.

It's all goind fairly well, though I have little in the way of interesting details to share about the process. If you have any questions or want to know something specific about it, feel free to ask!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2017, 10:31:49 PM »

Another week, another batch down - 166 frames this time, up from last week's previous personal best!

The two longest animations for the Acrobat are the Idle Stretch and Idle Shake Off Water (35 and 44 frames respectively) - I was a bit worried about the file size and memory use as I was coloring them, but it all turned out fine in the end.
For bigger files, in Honey, I had to split them in several chunks, since they eventually became too big to handle all layers at once, but I've since then invested in a beefier machine with more RAM to bruteforce that problem!

Also, gotta love GFYcat's names, as always!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »

Week 4 of the coloring process, but it feels that it's been much longer already!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »

Week 5, with only one more to go (hopefully) for the Acrobat, before moving on to the Warrior!

Pehesse
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »

The Acrobat is FINALLY done!

That means only the Warrior's color is left, before moving back to making new things! I can't wait :-D

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic