Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411422 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:11:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesdoes anybody still have or remember "pasi the pumpkin worm"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: does anybody still have or remember "pasi the pumpkin worm"  (Read 896 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »

also called "pasi the pumpkin snake". i believe the file was "pasir.zip". please share your experiences and memories of this great puzzle game.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »

Can't say I've heard of it but I'll keep a lookout
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:24:37 PM »

I've never played it, is it anything like "Bob, the Rectally Distending Tapeworm"?

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:17:46 PM »

no

kind regards,
silbereisen
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^ these guys are noobs

but you dear reader have the entries for the total klik mascot competition of may 2007 and would like to discuss them
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »

i have no idea what that is but it sounds Unpatriotic and hence is to be avoided

best wishes,
silbereisen
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »

are any of these games on OUYA?

greetings,
silbereisen
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 02:29:38 PM »

Your material is stale, unlike the OUYA's vast library
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

what "material"?

bye,
silbereisen
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »

you seem to be under the mistaken impression that my posts are intended to entertain, when that is at best an unintentional side effect of them.

thanks,
silbereisen
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 04:19:05 PM »

You should strive to more solidly embody the virtues you ascribe to the OUYA
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »

i perfectly embody the OUYA's libertarian spirit by posting whatever the heck i want on this internet forum and advocating for a ron paul presidency.

best,
silbereisen
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

Yeah plus you only play like, 4 games
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 04:55:18 PM »

i play a wide variety of games including but not limited to OUYA classics such as mighty number nine. Smiley

kind regards,
silbereisen
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 05:42:18 PM »

Hmmm, contrary to popular misunderstanding, MN9 is one game and not 9
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 02:58:09 AM »

Depends. "One game" (as in one product), especially a complex and refined one such as MN9, contains myriad possibilities and variations. So it seems somewhat disingenuous to refer to it only as "one game".
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 05:58:14 AM »

It is, in my opinion, a fundamental flaw in human thinking to try and reduce everything to "one".

Of course I realize that, due to the limitations of the human brain, humans are forced to take shortcuts and reduce the complexity of the information they are confronted with at any given time in order to process it so as to be able to make something approaching an informed decision, i.e. to be able to act at all.

However, instead of treating this as a shortcoming to be circumvented, humans (and as far as I know, this a culture-spanning phenomenon) have instead fetishized the reduction of complexity. Science and Philosophy, whose thoughts have "trickled down" to the "average" person, have, for centuries, been geared towards reducing things to "one", to a simple "formula" or "principle". Rather than accepting that nuance exists, people see nuance as an error. They see it merely as a sign that there is something wrong with their binary formula or theory and that a "better" theory needs to be created to explain away the nuance, to attempt to "translate" it into binary terms, which is almost always bound to fail and really just limits our perception of nuance. We even go so far as to worship the things that are most easily reducible to "one", assigning adjectives such as "perfect" or "pure" to them.

This is, however, the "benign" form of dealing with nuance. In the worst case, this human obsession with reducing things to "one" results in totalitarian systems of government, where any nuance that threatens to "prove the theory wrong" is violently eradicated. Which of course leads to immeasurable suffering for the "non-conforming" people embodying these nuances.

Digital computers are incapable of nuance because they were built that way by humans who are themselves incapable of nuance. As they take over our daily lives more and more, people seem to increasingly not only accept the lack of nuance in digital binary computing but embrace it, almost as if they want to become computers themselves. We can see this on social media with its economy of binary "likes" for example. So the truth isn't that "artificial intelligence" is becoming more "human-like", but that humans are becoming computer-like, or at least they delude themselves into thinking they are computers.

TL;DR: free the games, vote ron paul
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:07:41 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 06:12:27 AM »

and no i have never seen "pasi the pumpkin worm", just to clear things up
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: