Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:39:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Nintendo art resembling an 8 bit character, could I get sued?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo art resembling an 8 bit character, could I get sued?  (Read 807 times)
Skeledork
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »

The game I'm creating is supposed to be the opposite of super mario bros (didn't work out well with that though lol)

And the character I created is extremely similar in design. Would Nintendo try to shut my game down because of this? Nintendo is known for doing nasty copyright takedowns. I dont understand why they're so selfish in that way. But then again, thats just how the world works.

ugh, btw fuck imgurs changes where they don't show you exactly how to make image links on forums.

http://imgur.com/a/sX5pj

There is a skeleton inside all of us.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »

Nintendo won't find you and take you to court but considering resent trends they'll probably drop you a c&d letter if it's popular enough

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Dave_C
Level 0

Retrophile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 12:57:11 AM »

your sprite is just a ripped edit and not edited very much at that.. iconic features, the nose, mustache, eyes, ears, hair are all pixel for pixel in identical positions.

I would say redo the face, change the nose/mustache, don't give him overalls and you'll be fine.

Skeledork
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:37:47 AM »

your sprite is just a ripped edit and not edited very much at that.. iconic features, the nose, mustache, eyes, ears, hair are all pixel for pixel in identical positions.

I would say redo the face, change the nose/mustache, don't give him overalls and you'll be fine.

Yeah I changed the character to look like a ghoul or skeleton. thanks for the advice

There is a skeleton inside all of us.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 03:32:53 AM »

I'd say, spend a few hours and redo a character.
I did it once, and it payed off. Ended up with a character that was different, and quite nicely suited my tastes.

Don't take the chance. Just spend a bit more time making a character. Seems hard, but it is quite simple if you get your hands on it.

Yeah.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic