Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:30:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCastle Runner - endless runner game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Castle Runner - endless runner game  (Read 722 times)
spectralelixirsoftware
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:48:37 AM »

Hi folks!
This is my latest hobby project, an endless runner game. I would like to know more about users habit for a study, so I hope you will try it and support me.
I hope you like it!
C&C welcome! Smiley
https://spectralelixirsoftware.itch.io/castle-runner
RedHickory
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »

This is a fun little game.  The reflection off of the moon is a little distracting for me.  It's kind of stark and goes right through your field of vision.  Also, the pickups seems to wander just a little once the speed picks up.  I may have been imagining it, but I don't think so.  Other than that I enjoyed the style and the overall gameplay.  Nice work.

My browser-based RPG (WIP) - Chronicles of Tright.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 09:41:53 AM »

You might want to post a screen shot when you do these:

Its the start of an infinite runner. Sometimes I would run into platforms and just pass through them. Sometimes it didn't feel fair like there was a way I could have avoided hitting any obstacles. There are a lot of these so you need it to be fairly polished to get anywhere in this genera.

wombat1991
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »

Hi there,

- I like the jumping mechanic and that it's a triple jump. That you can initiate a jump at any time during your fall feels really great.
   With that said, perhaps it would help if you have some visual or aural feedback to tell you how many jumps you have left?

- Speaking of feedback, some sort of animation and/or sound when you pick up items would make the gameplay more pleasurable.

-  I like the sprite-art, but I agree with RedHickory that the moon reflection is distracting.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic