Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:42:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNew MacbookPro (theres a ~touch bar~)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: New MacbookPro (theres a ~touch bar~)  (Read 3137 times)
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »

Looks interesting. I'm still hoping a company comes up with a touch screen that has tactile response.

Also, Apple isn't a company its a lifestyle. But I do like my mac mini for Apple dev and it wasn't very expensive just 500$.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »

i'm all for upgrading to the better version of this macbook pro in four years. the touchpad seems really cool and useful especially for music applications.

thing about apple: their laptops are inanely pricy but they're probably, in terms of build quality especially, the best laptops you can buy i feel.

i've never, ever had an issue with my current MBP and i'm about as accident prone as the murphy of murphy's law. i mean this fucker has literal dents in the chassis and the screen enclosure is BENT with a noticeable curve from being dropped about seven times and it still runs like it did on day one with no problems.

and i don't have a case. because i'm an idiot, sure, but

anyway beyond that this thing just runs like butter and parallels with windows 7 works better than my actual native windows seven laptop by about 300% it feels like.

shrug

i mean, sure, use any laptop you wish, and if you get a desktop DEFINITELY build your own windows machine, but i'd rather stick with something that's not constructed out of plastic toy bits

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »

Also, Apple isn't a company its a lifestyle

this is something i've never gotten. i use an iphone because it has a better kinaesthetic feel than androids (which never seemed responsive enough to me) and i use a macbook because the aluminum body build and inanely high-res screen appeal to me. but christ is an apple tv garbage and i'd never buy an imac (or any apple desktop honestly)

maybe this is something other, richer people vibe about who knows

GSGBen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »

I like and use androids because I have more control, but yeah I definitely feel you about the responsiveness. I've never used an android phone or launcher that immediately moves the screen when you swipe like an iphone does

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

Btw the thing i posted about "gaming" laptops actually happened to me with an acer laptop (other than back injury lol). I switched to macbooks partially due to this experience.

Also buying a laptop for raw specs is dumb to begin with. You have totally different concerns than with a desktop like screen/keyboard/touchpad quality, build quality, battery life etc. I would never recommend a mac desktop unless you work in the film industry or sth, but macbook pros are the best laptops in their price range that im aware of.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »

I use an iphone because when i first got a smartphone android was still immature and now im stuck in apple's ecosystem Sad

i mean apple products are pretty much going to shit anyway, gutting basic features and replacing them with their own bullshit standards to get you to buy adapters and whatnot. plus the planned obsolecence shit they've been pulling since the ipod is definitely worthy of criticism.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »

i bought a lap top that was like a pc computer version of a mac book air but thinner and with a screen resolution so high that the on board graphics result in screen tearing when i play THe Underside. but, the lap top is very good
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »

I use an iphone because when i first got a smartphone android was still immature and now im stuck in apple's ecosystem Sad

i mean apple products are pretty much going to shit anyway, gutting basic features and replacing them with their own bullshit standards to get you to buy adapters and whatnot. plus the planned obsolecence shit they've been pulling since the ipod is definitely worthy of criticism.
i used an i phone because i won one from a drink bottle. then my father in law gave me the better version of the i phone because the screen was too small for him. but i just recently bought an android type of phone and to me (normal human man, regular brown style craps) the two phone types are functionally identical except you can scroll to the top of a page on i phone.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 04:13:06 PM »

i used an i phone because i won one from a drink bottle. then my father in law gave me the better version of the i phone because the screen was too small for him.

sure
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »

i used an i phone because i won one from a drink bottle. then my father in law gave me the better version of the i phone because the screen was too small for him.

sure
it sounds unbelievable but it's true. in fairness i realised that the entry codes were per batch not per bottle and entered the same code dozens of times until i won
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »

i used an iphone because i found it digging through a trash can for food. then my sister's brother in law, who had recently become completely paralyzed due a hang gliding accident, gave me his newly purchased iphone which he could not use anymore. that phone broke on christmas day 2015. fortunately, i happened to be close to an apple store. one of the employees, seeing my predicament, came rushing outside, said "today is your lucky day son, merry CHRISTmas (not "happy holidays" or other atheist liberal pc bullshit like that)" and handed me a brand new iphone.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »

sure
it sounds unbelievable but it's true. in fairness i realised that the entry codes were per batch not per bottle and entered the same code dozens of times until i won

you should write an article for vice magazine about that
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »

Btw what i meant was, i bought a bunch of apps that i would lose if i switched to android
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »

if it makes you feel better he gave me an I phone 4 and also it was korean so it made an extremely loud shutter sound when taking photos to make sure you look and sound like a weird sex pervert. He got a android with the big style screen and now i do too but not because of failing old man eyesight just because this was the best budget phone i could get. I bought and flipped a play station 4 to buy this without playing it (personal honour)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 04:36:23 PM »

i only use.messaging apps and web sites
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 04:38:15 PM »

how i feel is unimportant. what really matters here is the topic at hand (that being phones as they relate to the War On Christmas).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »

i do want to switch to android when the time is right. I will also probably not buy another macbook after my current one breaks because this new one looks bad. Hopefully it'll still be a while tho because i really can't afford tech crap at the moment.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

Sometimes i want to get rid of all my earthly posessions and retreat to a cabin in the mountains somewhere living the life of those crazy survivalist people you see in documentaries sometimes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 04:45:58 PM »

Given my extraordinarily fast beard growth and my complete lack of male pattern baldness, i could probably look the part in a reasonably short time.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »

I feel like my life is devoid of meaning, and i am merely a husk, an empty shell of a person.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic