Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:49:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Metroidvania Where Your Choices Matter!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Mainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Metroidvania Where Your Choices Matter!  (Read 25228 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 07:08:07 AM »

The weapon switching looks tight! That's crucial to solid gameplay. I look forward to more, as usual :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 04:01:44 PM »

fox wizard.

freaking sold

(of course all the other progress is fantastic, I just really like the concept of a fox wizard)

He's my favourite character of the game. And will be very important on it. Smiley
Also, thank you!

Love the artwork and the characters, following!

Hey, thanks!, a lot of more conceptual art will be posted soon Smiley

The weapon switching looks tight! That's crucial to solid gameplay. I look forward to more, as usual :D

Actually I'm not a native english, and I don't really know what did you mean about looking tight and if it's good or bad Sad
Anyway, thank you!, if you have any advice or doubt about the game, don't hesitate to say it!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:42:13 PM by D-Andrew » Logged

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 03:21:41 AM »

Sorry! Hahahah, yes tight is a good thing.

Precise, clean, etc.

Make sense? It simply looks like it works VERY well!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »

Sorry! Hahahah, yes tight is a good thing.

Precise, clean, etc.

Make sense? It simply looks like it works VERY well!

Oh god, I feel so stupid on this moment, hahaha.
A lot of thanks for it!, It tooks me almost 2 remakes to make it like that actually. Shrug

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »

I like the art direction. Smiley

If you want to look up English slang, check out: urbandictionary.com  Usually, it's easy to understand the meaning but sometimes words can have multiple meanings depending on context, such as: tight

If in doubt, do what you did: asking for clarification. Smiley

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

I like the art direction. Smiley

If you want to look up English slang, check out: urbandictionary.com  Usually, it's easy to understand the meaning but sometimes words can have multiple meanings depending on context, such as: tight

If in doubt, do what you did: asking for clarification. Smiley

Thank you a lot!, I'll use it a lot, I guess, hahaha Smiley

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »

I don't want this to die, but I'm really busy with the university things.
Anyway, this weekend I didn't do anything with the game, just thing about some new things to add listening some Homestuck tracks.
So, when I was listening this track in specific I notice the portrait image that it have. And I love it!

So, in reference to it, I think in make a game over screen similar to that, but I hasn't time enought to make the screen or a detailed draw of how I will do that, so I draw these 2 images below with MS paint.

(Game over screen early concepts)

The first one will be the screen on the first 30 seconds, but after that I wanna start to playing a game over track (something like a medley of the game tracks) and make the player disappears slowly as you can see on the concept of the second image. Seconds after the song ends, the player completly dissapears and some particles explodes making the screen goes to white and restarting the game after a "restart" sfx that I'll use a certain cutscene.

So... That's all, I'll have no time to work on the game this and the next week. Giggle

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »

This is my final week, yay!
I don't have much to say, I prefer to write everythingwhen I finish the game over screen.
Anyway, there's a video of what I was doing this evening. Smiley

(Game Over screen WIP)

I use some GM functions to work with the pitch and make it sound like a "time stops" sfx.

See ya' this weekend with maybe a big update. Coffee
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 12:11:25 AM by D-Andrew » Logged

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 05:23:25 AM »

Hey, will you be needing any music for this game? If so I would love to help out, you can check out my portfolio here www.sbeastmusic.com/portfolio

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »

Hey, will you be needing any music for this game? If so I would love to help out, you can check out my portfolio here www.sbeastmusic.com/portfolio

Actually we have a composer, anyway, he can't do "epic" or orchestal tracks to Final boss battles, so I'm gonna search for a composer for specific tracks on the future. Smiley

Also, very good music!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:42:40 PM by D-Andrew » Logged

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 10:32:35 PM »

After a week without any notice about the game, I'm back. (?)
Well, without anything to tell, I'm gonna show you what I was doing this days. Smiley

First of all, I worked on an H2O system when the player is on water, similar to Cave Story one. But these two have a big difference, on the Mainasutto's air system, when your air is on 0%, you start to lose HP instead of die.

(Mainasutto's air system)                                       (Cave Story one)          

After that, I see that the character development on the game has a lot of changes, specially on the main character, so after searching on everyplace that I remember every remake and version of the game, I did this image showing every main character sprite along the time. Smiley

(Except v0.2 and Cave Story hack ROM)

Also, I finally added the save system to the game, which looks like the image below at the beggining, but the direction of every soul was too random.

So, finally I made it looks like this one. (And the screenshot makes it look like an eye.)

(Final save point souls animation)

Anyway, other thing that I add on the game is the "key to press" sprite on game, as you can see, on the left is the sprite which you will apreciate when the gamepad is disconnected, and otherwise at the right.

(I'll need help with those sprites)

And finally, I make 2 new icons to the game, but I'm not sure to which could I use to the actual demo. So, if you have any opinion or critics about it, just tell me. Smiley

Everthing that I tell you on this post, you could watch it in action on the next video.

And to conclude, thre is a secret link hidden somewhere on the devlog, so, if want to be a beta tester, be the first on find and comment the video, good luck! Wink
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:54:15 PM by D-Andrew » Logged

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »

Lil' update today.
Some conceptual diagramation and art 'bout the west wing of Rusevine. Smiley

And a new image of Houndfox that I called G.O.D.

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 01:56:41 AM »

Quick update!

I already make a "restart system" to the game, with the WIP of the Game Over screen Smiley
The video below has no sound, sorry, I'm not on my computer. ):

(Restart system after die)

The progress goes better everyday, maybe I'll release a pre-demo on the 4th weekend of December. Smiley

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 02:14:04 AM »

Conceptal update!

Actually I'll not be in home for a few weeks, so, I'm programming and doing "conceptual art" with existing sprites on the game.
So, I decided to redo the pause menú screen, with new colours and new perspectives, to be less minimalist.(?)

Actually the pause menu isn't programmed already in the new version, and I want to make an entire new system, different to the last one. Compared "side by side", both pause screens seems like this:

(v0.43 pause menu screen)

(Actual pause menu screen concept v0.45)

Maybe tomorrow I'll program this and show you some improvements, so before that, any suggestions? Smiley

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2016, 05:05:06 AM »

I particularly like the side-by-side menu (the bottom screenshot).

Gives it a bit more depth, which I like!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 03:17:35 AM »

I particularly like the side-by-side menu (the bottom screenshot).

Gives it a bit more depth, which I like!

I'm actually working on it and I like how looks, this is just a WIP gif. Smiley

(Idk the reason, but the gif doesn't loops, but if you want to watch it looped, press here.)

I didn't think that it'll take me more than an entire day.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 03:49:29 AM »

Looks awesome! Well done ^^

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »

Looks awesome! Well done ^^

Hey, many thanks!
I'm really flattered that there are people who comment and follow this devlog. Coffee

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »

After a long hiatus 'cause I don't have my PC here, and before the last holiday of the year.
There is the last update of the 2016!, but, not a big one.

(Principal screen of the pause menu)

Happy holidays everyone! Gentleman

PD: It runs at less than 50 fps 'cause I'm testing it on a Celeron 2008 computer. Shrug

DAndrëwBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »

Woah, there's a long time from the last update.
I actually decided to make updates weekly only, and post it every saturday by the way. Shrug

So, here we go, a big update post!

First of all, I started to work on the Equipment Menu, on the Pause system, with some references to Castlevania games, and inspired on some MMORPG that I was playing lasts weeks, plus the weapon leveling system of Cave Story, I make a mockup of this, and looks like this.

(Equipment menu mockup)

And it'll work on a "3-block setup", and when you press the confirm button, will appear the inventory above the stats, to choose the weapon to use. Also, you can't have 2 times the same weapon, so, every time you get a weapon that you already have, this weapon will be trasformed in experience points to the weapon, that's the one of the ways to level up the weapons, the other one will be with an NPC and the Score system.

So, I spend 2 days on the programming of the mockup of this, and it looks like what I show on the video.

(Equipment menu mockup in-game)

But I wasn't happy about how it looked, so I amke a few changes on it, first of all, I satured a bit a few colours, next I make the font a bit smaller than the original mockup, and the option to change the background colour to whatever colour you want. So, finally add a "background texture" to the menu, and the result was this.

(Equipment menu final design)

And after programming it, changing a few things of the code, makes it looks like this.

(Final design of equipment menu in-game)

After that, I made a mockup of the options menu, and with a few options that I guess, will be the only options if you don't have anything more on mind to add, and looks like this.

(Options menu in original size)

Maybe I'll add different backgrounds for every orb/option to choose in the main menu of the pause system. Smiley
Also, some features that I'll love to work to make the game optimizable to every computer is the particles, the frame rate selector and the V-sync.

Finally, we actually decided by the team when the 2nd Demo of Mainasutto will be released, so, keep an eye on this months to see what coming next. Wink
= June 22th, 2017 =

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic