Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1319041 Posts in 59254 Topics- by 50354 Members - Latest Member: omgonoes

October 21, 2017, 03:03:29 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Cave Story like metroidvania
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Mainasutto: I'm not Alone || A Cave Story like metroidvania  (Read 8059 times)
D-Andrew
Level 0

Dreaming on 256x192.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2017, 06:07:12 pm »

Ooh I love cave story and it looks like you're going for more of the emotionally epic story side of things that Cave Story did, so I'm hella interested.

Heya!,
Yeah, I'm actually focused in that side of Cave Story with a metroidvania like gameplay mechanics, also, I wanna talk with Pixel/Nicalis to see if it is possible to add certain elements of Cave Story in the final game.

Hope you like it when it's released!! Shrug

|| Twitter || Facebook ||
D-Andrew
Level 0

Dreaming on 256x192.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 10:28:44 pm »

I was so busy this week with exams and those kind of things, but I managed to work today in the first part of the game intro.
Take a look Smiley

(This is just the creator and collabs part)

Also!, every track in the chapter 1 is done, and my composer wants to release the Mainasuto's Ch.1 tracklist in bandcamp, so, I'll update this message when them are in. Shrug

nathy grrrl
Level 4

SLC Punk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »

Quote from: D-Andrew
also, I wanna talk with Pixel/Nicalis to see if it is possible to add certain elements of Cave Story in the final game.

I'm curious what you mean by that. Are you just talking about Easter eggs and hidden references? Cave Story

D-Andrew
Level 0

Dreaming on 256x192.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

I'm curious what you mean by that. Are you just talking about Easter eggs and hidden references? Cave Story

Actually, I was thinking in hidden references more than easter eggs.
I mean, Mainasutto started as a Cave Story hackrom/fangame few years ago, and then I decided to make it an 'original' game. So, both are, legitimately speaking, in the same universe Shrug

Also, I recently uploaded the last sketch of game intro, I need to clean the sketches and it would be ready. Smiley

(Final Intro sketches)

Josh @ WARP DOGS
Level 1

Fly Safe, Pupper

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2017, 04:50:49 pm »

Excited to see the final version - I definitely like the motif you have going

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic