Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:34:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParty Hero
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Party Hero  (Read 1166 times)
komedy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »

Premise: A mini-game and dialog based house party simulator. Basically Sim's 'House Party' expansion if it was actually fun.

Plot: You recently moved to Partyville and discovered the town's best-kept secret: partying here is subsidized (paid for) by Town Hall. You don't yet know why, but you figure you'll join in on the fun. Along the way you'll meet a bunch of people and find out what kind of person you really are.

Tech: Good ole' Unity as an IDE. C# in Visual Studio for coding. Adobe "Animate" (used to be Flash) for the art.

Gameplay:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:37:49 PM by komedy » Logged

Check out my WIP game Party Hero here.
komedy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:29:40 PM »

So, I just completed half of the "Take a Snap" feature. It took more time than I thought it would. Basically, you have to render your camera onto a new texture surface that you create, which acts like a projector, projecting it's view of the world onto the texture. So, once I had that I had to isolate the small portion of the screen that I actually wanted. Finally, you take that new texture and pop it into a placeholder sprite that you have and it displays. If you're interested in the code, just shoot me a message.

Here's the screenshot or "snap" in action:

It's supposed to be like SnapChat where you take a funny snap and then send it to NPC's in-game. None of that social garbage like "share with your friends on facebook!"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:44:14 PM by komedy » Logged

komedy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »

Added a (mostly) working inventory system. Able to load hard-coded items and display them. Still have to enable equipping the item, and loading from a save file, but most of my work on this so far was graphically. Here's what it looks like right now:

komedy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »

I've been trying to work on this lately but haven't been too excited with it. I think it's just a matter of finding a cool new feature to add. I implemented the gear/inventory into the actual gameplay, and touched up beer pong so that it's not a different screen. Here's some progression images so far of the art:

komedy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:54:25 PM »

I got an important first part of my AI system fleshed out - they are now intelligent enough to grab a beer sometimes when they don't have one! My small party people shall go thirsty no more! Beer for all! Until the case runs out of beer atleast. I'm thinking of having an event where new people coming to the party can bring a new case and then they up everybody's party points around them. Maybe even allow the player to run out and grab a case at the cost of time or money or drunk driving ticket if you're drunk.

Future AI plans:
NPC's toss beers away when they're done
NPC's having conversations with each other
NPC's throwing up when too drunk (already have the groundwork)

Beer case in all it's glory:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic