Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:03:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Codes or programs for a sidescrolling beat'em up platform game. ¿Suggestions?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Codes or programs for a sidescrolling beat'em up platform game. ¿Suggestions?  (Read 918 times)
j0ser0
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:48:28 AM »

Hi fellow creators!.

My name is JOSERO and i'm begginer in the creation of videogames. I'm more used to draw and create concepts for videogame developers, and reciently i've been wanting to make a game for my own, and i decided to look for some help. My question for you is this.

It is too complicated to create a game like this?

The game is played as a beat em up, but has many platform elements, and is a very awesome sidescroller. For me is an underrated jewel of the Game Boy Advance. I want to do a game like this. Is it too hard? does it need many comands? which kind of programs do you recomend me to do it?

JohnsyJohnsy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:03:16 AM »

I dunno,  i think for a first project this thing is quite complex
Then again, I suppose because this is such a 'standard' type/genre of game, standard game engines are well equipped to handle it.

Gamemaker and multi media fusion both would make it relatively easy to make this type of game:

mmf:

gamemaker

heres a more serious (code wise) approach:
https://www.raywenderlich.com/24155/how-to-make-a-side-scrolling-beat-em-up-game-like-scott-pilgrim-with-cocos2d-part-1

anyway, have fun!
pmprog
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:29:30 AM »

If you're not so bothered about the platforming bit, PainTown will give you an engine to build a game akin to Streets of Rage
http://paintown.org/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic