Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:05:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAlbino Lullaby, Episode 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Albino Lullaby, Episode 2  (Read 24522 times)
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 01:09:58 AM »

UPDATE #15: 2/1/17

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring Albino Lullaby ingame or concept art and sharing its backstory!

Featured Art: Untitled (Ouroboros)

Justin has nothing to say about this piece. It speaks for itself. He gave no title, so I thought Ouroboros was fitting.

Why? Well, you’ll have to wait and see. Just know, this screenshot is huge! Wish I could tell you more, but if I do, Justin will probably have to kill me.

It’s very pretty, isn’t it? Stay tuned for more updates! I promise that they won’t all be as mysterious as this.

Until next time,
Tom

Albino Lullaby, Episode 1 and Season Passes are available on Steam and the Oculus Store.

For more info, newsletter sign-up, screenshots and trailers please visit AlbinoLullaby.com

Plz follow and share us on Twitter and the Book of Faces!  Gomez

Twitter: @AlbinoLullaby

Facebook: AlbinoLullaby
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »

UPDATE #16: 2/3/17

#FanArtFriday we feature our favorite fan art from around the web along with our #FF!!!  Gomez

Huge THX to our fans!!! ♡(*´︶`*)♡

”A Million Worm Guys" by Mousetrobot

Follow Friday Link: https://twitter.com/mousetrobot

Keep sending that fan art! We love seeing them and it keeps us working harder!

And if we don’t get any, I’ll have to start drawing fan art…and no one wants that!

Until next time,
Tom
Albino Lullaby, Episode 1 and Season Passes are available on Steam and the Oculus Store.

For more info, newsletter sign-up, screenshots and trailers please visit AlbinoLullaby.com

Plz follow and share us on Twitter and the Book of Faces!  Gomez

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 11:25:18 PM »

UPDATE #17: 2/22/17

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring Albino Lullaby ingame or concept art and sharing its backstory!

Featured Art: “A House Made of Tiles"

We’re really starting to get into the thick of development. Our group chat is filling up with new work everyday.

(Justin, when can I show Buck? I want to show Buck.)

Here’s what our buddy, Justin, has to say about this weeks art:

“We are working to make Ep2 a lot more modular and systemic than Ep1. This will allow us to not only build
things more quickly, but make things more fun and player centered for you guys!
                               (Spoilers Ahead)
There is a section of the game where you enter a house made of tiles. Each tile is it’s own blueprint,
so we can place them and play with them at will without needing to redo a ton of work."

Work smart, not hard, folks. Wait, no, we’re working very hard right now.

Work smart and also work hard. It doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue but no one ever said make games was easy.

Until next time,

Tom

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:39:42 PM by kidkamandi » Logged
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »

UPDATE #18: 3/1/17

Featured Art: Mecha Buck

This week, we got some barebones Albino Lullaby coming at you. But even when it’s barebones, it still is somehow terrifying.

Buck is terrifying when he’s wearing his skin and when he is not and I’m glad Justin let me show you this skinless Grandkid.

Whacha gotta say about this picture, Justin?

“When a game is in development, sometimes you have to put in placeholder actor to work with before you get the real meshes.”

Well this placeholder holds a place is the deep, dark recesses of the fear cortex in my brain; joining my grandpa without his toupee and fish that swim up your trunks and start biting.

My nightmares thank you, Justin. Keep up the good work.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »

UPDATE #19: 3/8/17

Featured Art: Initial Concept for Fairday

You thought we were out of Grandkid Concept Art? Well, you are most certainly wrong.

Ezra Cove, our main man in the art game, keeps hitting it out of the park. Fairday is creepy in every way we love Albino Lullaby to be creepy, and has the same taste in shoes as Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie.

Justin, what do you have to say about our buddy Fairday, the man in the metal shoes?

"Meet Fairday! The Architect of Pain. Fairday longs for his youthful days spent as a field surgeon during the American Civil War. Want to know what those masks you keep seeing hanging from the ceiling in EP1 are? Ask Fairday.”

Who amongst us can say they wouldn’t miss field amputees? If you don’t miss Civil War field amputees, are you really an Albino Lullaby fan? Think about it.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 08:45:06 PM »

UPDATE #20: 3/15/17

Featured Art: Initial Concept for Buck

It must be Thanksgiving, because I finally get to see my favorite grandkid.

I know you’re not supposed to have favorites, but you can ask my grandma, and she will tell you that my military cousin Patrick is most definitely her favorite. Buck is my Patrick and I should probably call my grandma more often.

Ezra Cove, once again, killing the art game. Art is totally subjective but we can all agree that it is now objectively murdered.

You got anything to say about my bud, Buck?

“This is Buck before he morphed into tube form and had a dunce cap stapled to his head. Why is he wearing a bag over his head? Why does he morph into a tube? Why does he have a clicker that can make Grandmother Bubbles? Who is ‘Big B’? Why does Buck want to kill Grandmother? Why is Buck imprisoned? Why does G hate Buck? Answers coming in EP2. Stay tuned."

More questions? Come on, man. People are starting to think I’m an Albino Lullaby tease.

I’ll get some answers for you next time, homies.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »

UPDATE #21: 4/7/17

#FanArtFriday we feature our favorite fan art from around the web along with our #FF!!!  Gomez

”Albino Demon" by AlduinGijinka‏

Follow Friday Link: https://twitter.com/AlduinGijinka
@AlduinGijinka

This is great. I’ve recently begun a new job, and I’ve been doing that “trying not to check my phone to seem professional but then checking my phone because I’m a child” thing, and this piece hit me right in my unprofessional face. Amazing!

Great work! I hope to see more!

Until next time,
Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »

UPDATE #22: 4/19/17

Featured Art: Initial Concept for Plumb

Y’all ready for more G-Kid concept art? I know you are.

We do love Ezra Cove, our concept artist, here at Albino Lullaby. I’m sure you do to.

Let’s see what Justin has to say about Plumb, shall we?

“This is Plumb, the explorer of the family. He’s always out and about searching for curious artifacts for the family’s aquarium. He discovered the spirit chasms at the bottom of Styx. Forever searching for a way out."

So is the Plumb the one who brought the narwals to the aquarium? We’ll probably have to dive down to the bottom of the Styx to find out.

Someone do that for me. I’m scared of spirit chasms.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 03:51:17 AM »

UPDATE #23: 4/21/17

”Clarence Umbradark loving’ Pogo’s Outfit" by AlduinGijinka‏

Another one from Alduin! I think Justin put it perfectly when he said this is “totally weird and also totally awesome.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Follow Friday Link: https://twitter.com/AlduinGijinka
@AlduinGijinka

This is great. I’ve recently begun a new job, and I’ve been doing that “trying not to check my phone to seem professional but then checking my phone because I’m a child” thing, and this piece hit me right in my unprofessional face.

Great work! I hope to see more!

Until next time,
Tom

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 04:17:05 AM »

is it going to be released on steam as stand-alone or a dlc?

I've asked this question a long time and i'd like to ask this again since it got no response. Is it going to be released as a DLC or a separate game from episode 1?

edit:
I'd like some information about achievements actually. As your game is going to expand over 3 episodes. Does it mean that you'll add achievements for each Episode?

This is the main reason i'm not playing your game yet as new achievements would force me to buy all dlc at some point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:25:16 AM by b∀ kkusa » Logged
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »

UPDATE #24: 4/26/17

Featured Art: The ‘Grey Box’ Stage of a ‘Great Elder Sibling’ Home

This game is coming together! A video of one of the Grandkids running around in the new engine just went around our Skype chat and it is totally terrifying. If you’re nice, maybe I’ll show you too! But first!

Jared Mitchell is doing amazing work on these levels. If you think it looks pretty now, imagine what it’ll look like though the lens of your VR headset. Keep it up, Jared!

What do you have to say about this level, Justin, my good friend?

“In Episode 2, you will explore the houses of each of the five ‘Great Elder Siblings’! You can choose which order you’d like to explore each house and you can come and boas you please. I won’t tell you who this house belongs to, but I can tell you that many important questions are answered here.”

So Justin and Jared are giving us the answers. Let’s try to figure out the questions!

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 09:51:05 AM »

UPDATE #25: 5/4/17

For #ThrowbackThursday  Beer! we like looking back and remembering how we got here. Shrug

GfG#2 by Buckley and Pappas

No one makes a great game without doing a couple trial runs at first. I recommend you watch Errant Signal’s video on Blendo Games to see what I mean.

No one has ever won a race without running a few laps beforehand.

Our sound designer, Ryan Buckley, and our creative director, Justin Pappas, collaborated on an Unreal Tournament 3 mod before working on Albino Lullaby together. If you want a taste of vintage Ape Law, there is no better place to start than here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gfg2

What do you have to say about GfG #2, Justin?

“The second project Buckley (Sound and Music) and I worked on together. You enter an underground laboratory...activate a machine... and flip gravity on its side. You then need to climb back out. Check out the video!”

What do you think? Give it a watch! Give it a play! Maybe it’ll satiate your hunger for more Albino Lullaby content.

At least for a day!

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »

UPDATE #26: 5/5/17

Post-It G-Kid by Max Jenkins‏ @maxolotl67

Follow Friday Link: https://twitter.com/maxolotl67
 Max Jenkins‏ @maxolotl67

Dope stuff, Max. I didn’t realize Post-It Notes could be this creepy! The more you know, I guess.

Until next time,
Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »

UPDATE #27: 5/23/17

***BIG NEWS ALERT*** REPEAT *** BIG NEWS ALERT***

Are you ready? Really, I’m asking. Maybe it’s been a long day for you and your heart just isn’t ready for extremely good news.

If that’s the case, we here at Albino Lullaby have a three step system to get you in the mood for the good stuff in life.

Step 1: Watch the new Twin Peaks.

Step 2: Tell other people to watch the new Twin Peaks.

Step 3: Watch the new Twin Peaks again while replaying Albino Lullaby Episode 1

Feeling better? Good. Now you are most definitely in the mood for good news.

For you, yes you, are about to see an exclusive first-look at the newest creation bubbling out of the Albino Lullaby bullpen...

Featured Art: ’Shanghai Eclipse’ by Yarkin Sarkaya

WE MADE A WEBCOMIC!!!

And by we, I of course mean Mitch Montgomery and Yarkin Sarkaya, the comics laureates of Ape Law. ‘Shanghai Eclipse’ is something that has been brewing for a while and we’re so excited to finally announce it’s existence to you, our fans.

But don’t just listen to me! Let’s hear from the man himself, writer extraordinaire Mitch Montgomery.

"Witness the demented world of Ape Law's PC and console game ALBINO LULLABY from a new perspective in SHANGHAI ECLIPSE, a ten-part webcomic written by Mitch Montgomery and featuring artwork by Yarkin Sarkaya and others.

A nautical tale of misplaced pride and bitter sibling rivalry, SHANGHAI ECLIPSE reveals a startling new chapter in the unfolding mythology of the grandchildren. Can a crew of whalers for hire and a young girl survive a pivotal moment in the grandchildren's twisted family history? Aboard the rickety steamship known as the "Shanghai Eclipse" little is as it seems, child.”

We have a week of SHANGHAI ECLIPSE updates coming at you, so stay tuned.

It’s very good, everyone. And this is coming from a guy with four comic book tattoos (Only one of which do I regret.)

Get pumped and stay pumped!
Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »

UPDATE #28: 5/25/17

For #ThrowbackThursday  Beer! we like looking back and remembering how we got here. Shrug

First throwback of the week goes to…..THE ORIGINAL KING KONG (1933)!!!!

I just rewatched it tonight and that movie is so funny and so creepy and much more action-packed than I expected. If you guys haven’t taken a deep dive into Ray Harryhausen’s stop-motion catalogue, then I highly recommend you start here. Not only did he know how to make a killer skeleton fight, but the dude also knew how to humanize an inanimate object and make it both terrifying and relatable.

And speaking of humanizing the horrifying…..

Concept Art for SHANGHAI ECLIPSE by Yarkin Sarkaya

If any of y’all missed last night’s post, I’ll fill you in. Mitch Montgomery, along with a team of artists that would make Jack Kirby do a double take, created a webcomic to act as a prequel for Albino Lullaby. SHANGHAI ECLIPSE!!! You’ll see the grandkids in all their glory. Back before they looked like thumbs with faces.

Mitch searched far and wide for his posse of potential pencilers. Each had to come up with concept pieces from the game to prove that their stuff was up to snuff.

What we have here is Yarkin Sarkaya’s grandkid sketches. They look pretty great, right? Solid work, Yarkin.

I’ve got a whole backlog of sketches from Yarkin, showing the grandkids as they will appear in the comic; young, fresh, and human. But I’ll save those for later.

If you want more, and we know you do, keep coming back. And also, watch King Kong!

(If you guys have any recs, feel free to post them on our wall, message us, or post right down below. I’m on a huge movie kick this week and I can use all the classics I can get my hands on.)

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:41 AM »

UPDATE #29: 5/26/17

G-Kid Sculptures by Hannah McClure‏ @AmnixielLaity

Follow Friday Link: https://twitter.com/AmnixielLaity
Hannah McClure‏ @AmnixielLaity

I believe this is the first time anyone has ever sculpted something for a Fan Art Friday. Next week, I better see some performance art pieces, or I will be very disappointed.

Until next time,
Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2017, 10:28:07 AM »

UPDATE #30: 5/27/16

It's #ShoutoutSaturday Beer! Because we can’t do this alone! =P

Albino Lullaby is an Unreal Dev Grant Recipient

We are so excited to announce that Albino Lullaby is a recipient of this year’s Unreal Dev Grant. Epic Games dedication to indie developers, students, and academics is something to be commended and we are proud to join the ranks of so many other talented developers.

http://bit.ly/ALUnrealGrant

Our creative director and head honcho, Justin Pappas, has a few words on the matter:

'Working with Epic has always been awesome for us. They have given us support from day one with Albino Lullaby, allowing us access to Unreal 4 in it's early days and pushing us on social media whenever they could. Unreal has made working with VR a breeze and is something we really couldn't have explored at all without the Unreal Engine's super smooth VR integration. We're honored to see they still believe in us and we look forward our continued work with them. ‘

Along with thanking everybody over at Epic, we’d also like to give a big shoutout to the other 16 recipients.

Be:Brave by One Dream

Deep Rock Galactic from Ghostship Games

Formula Fusion by R8 Games

Galactic Feud from Fat Bomb Studios

Mothergunship from Terrible Posture Games and Grip Digital

No More Room in Hell 2

Omen of Sorrow by AOne Games

Project EX from Playearth

Raiders of Erda from Cooperative Innovations

The Soulkeeper VR by Helm Systems

Unfortunate Spacemen from Sandswept Studios

Tree by New Reality Co

gameDNA

realityvirtual.co

MGSStudios

We’re part of a very exciting time in game design and game creation. We’re learning new things about our budding medium everyday. And when we look up from our multiple monitors, it is nice to see that we are not alone in our efforts.

To our fellow recipients, CONGRATULATIONS!

Now let’s get to work...

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 09:00:14 AM »

UPDATE #31: 6/1/17

Have you been craving more Albino Lullaby? Of course you have. The fine folks at Ape Law gave us a game full of questions and we’ve been looking for answers ever since. Well, it looks like a few of those riddles are about to be solved in Ape Law’s newest creation: SHANGHAI ECLIPSE!!! A Webcomic which will serve as a prequel to the Albino Lullaby series.

SHANGHAI ECLIPSE ISSUE 1: Now Available

What do you think about it, Justin?

“I’m totally pumped to release this comic written by my good buddy, Mitch Montgomery. Mitch and I actually originated the name ‘Ape Law’ in our college daze, way back in 2002, in response to our obsession with 'The Planet of the Apes’. We wanted the name for the little film studio we dreamed of one day building. Well, now it’s not films but Ape Law is here who knows…maybe someday our ‘Waiting for Godot in a Car’, our film titled ‘Animals of the Inlaid Century’ will too see the light of day!”

I’ve always thought the one thing wrong with ‘Waiting for Godot’ was the lack of automobiles. What were you thinking Beckett?!

And Mitch, our star writer, also has a few words he’d like to share:

"I'm ecstatic to be able to share Shanghai Eclipse with the world! A prequel of sorts to Apelaw's PC and console game Albino Lullaby, the ten parts of the Shanghai Eclipse webcomic expand upon the themes of the game by telling the story of a key moment in the game's mythology. Much of the credit for the webcomic needs to go to the amazing Yarkin Sarkarya, a comic artist from Istanbul, who drew Part One and also developed the look and set the tone for the whole series.

I am thrilled to be part of the Ape Law/Albino Lullaby family and also to be working with its dementedly brilliant patriarch Justin Pappas. My previous collaborations with Justin back in college truly helped to define the trajectory of my life in many ways, so it is an honor and a delight to be creating something with him again.”

Mitch, your press releases are as touching as your comics! Smiley

NOW START READING IT!!!

Tapastic: https://tapas.io/series/Shanghai-Eclipse
Webtoons: http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/albino-lullaby-presents-shanghai-eclipse/list?title_no=77271
SmackJeeves: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=167152
A huge thank you has to go out to Mitch and Yarkin! Y’all did some great work and I can’t wait to see what comes next.

What are you waiting for? Dive in!

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »

UPDATE #32: 6/8/17

For #ThrowbackThursday  Beer! we like looking back and remembering how we got here. Shrug

Have you ever read anything you wrote in high school? Jeez, what were you even thinking? Did you really name the main character after yourself? Did you really give him radiation-activated super-powers that burned off his belly and gave him a six pack? Come on, Tom.

*extended sigh*

At least some people are less embarrassing when they first start drawing their portrait of an artist.

Temple of Sunset by Justin Pappas

http://www.moddb.com/mods/temple-of-sunset

Justin was a theater major. And he learned how to code and design using those skills. Mise' en scene, aesthetic harmony, and lighting. We’ve all got a whole bunch of skills that we just need to nurture if we want to succeed. But it takes work. Justin, my homie, put in that work.

Let’s see what our buddy Justin has to say about his earlier level design. Ya gotta run your laps before you run your race, folks!

“This is a map i made back in the unreal 3 days before landing any kind of industry job. The temples are made out of lots of little pieces that came with the editor, all of them mostly intended for Gears Of War. I remember needing to research Japanese temples in order to figure out how the pieces could fit together. The idea was that the bell in the temple up top was rung once the sun had completely set.”

Another fun look back. Let’s keep moving forward, folks. I’m ready when you are.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »

UPDATE #33: 6/14/17

Welcome back, folks! Quick movie rec before we get started.

'Eyes Without A Face’

It’s a french horror movie from 1960 that is as beautiful as it is chilling. I couldn’t help but connect one of the main characters with the Grandkids, due to how her mutilated appearance was juxtaposed with how beautiful she once was.

(You didn’t know the Grandkids used to be beautiful? Have you been reading Shanghai Eclipse? Come on, folks! Get on that! Here’s a link: https://tapas.io/series/Shanghai-Eclipse)

If you haven’t seen ‘Eyes Without a Face’, here’s a Youtube Link to the full movie.

Well worth your time.

Now onto the fun stuff!
Featured Art: ’Grand-kid with Attitude’ by Rodolfo Valenzuela

Here’s a glimpse at the newest artist that Mitch Montgomery will be working with in our webcomic prequel, Shanghai Eclipse. Pretty cool, right?

Justin, what do you have to say about our new friend Rodolfo?

“This is a G-Kid dreamed up by our new comic artist, Rodolfo Valenzuela. Believe me when I tell you that he has an awful lot of fun surprises coming your way in the next few months. We are happy to welcome him to the Ape Law family, where he is sure to be loved by our dear Grandmother.”

Welcome aboard, Rodolfo! If you’re half as creepy as your drawings, you’ll fit in just fine around here.

Until next time,

Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic