Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 05:07:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAlbino Lullaby, Episode 2
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Albino Lullaby, Episode 2  (Read 24670 times)
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »

UPDATE #34: 6/15/17

For #ThrowbackThursday  Beer! we like looking back and remembering how we got here. Shrug

Let’s take it back, y’all! Cut the frills, just the thrills. What is Episode 2 when you break it down to the essentials? Today, you just may find out….

The Clocktower by Justin Pappas

Justin, looking back at this early stage of Episode 2, what are your thoughts?

“This was an early block out of a major hub area in EP 2. Upon starting the game your objective is to 'Activate the clock’….the one right up there. What happens when the clock is activated? Well…I can’t tell you that now. What I can tell you is this….that gravestone…the one hanging out in the shadow of the clock tower...that grave is in honor of someone who hasn’t died….yet.”

Who’s grave is it? Justin is a little too vindictive to even tell me. We’ll have to keep waiting, folks. Hopefully we’ll get some answers before that gravestone has our names on it :0!!!!

Until next time,

Tom

Albino Lullaby, Episode 1 and Season Passes are available on Steam and the Oculus Store.

For more info, newsletter sign-up, screenshots and trailers please visit AlbinoLullaby.com

Plz follow and share us on Twitter and the Book of Faces!  Gomez

Twitter: @AlbinoLullaby

Facebook: AlbinoLullaby
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 10:57:54 PM »

UPDATE #35: 6/21/17

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring Albino Lullaby ingame or concept art and sharing its backstory!

So y’all….y’all can get pretty weird.

I mean, I get it. I have this album cover hung up above my bed.

I have that thing staring down at me every night. So like, I get what weirdness is. If I wasn’t weird before I hung that up, those leering eyes have definitely pushed me past the point of no return…

But as weird as I am, I still don’t totally understand what is going on with you creepy, creepy people...

Featured Art: ’An Application for Entry: A Totem’ by Justin Pappas

So this is a….a totem….right, Justin? You modeled it to get into  a club or something. Can you just explain this so I don’t have to….

"In hopes that they would let me join their cult, I made this totem for a pair of crazy talented artists with amazing tattoos who sent me pictures of their armpits.”

What?

Wait, can I have some backstory? This makes….okay…let me try and break this down for y’all that stuck past the Cheater Slicks album.

Justin got approached by a pair of artists. They sent him pictures of their armpits. I help run the social media accounts, so yes, I was also these armpits. I will never forget. Then they offered entry into their cult which is…alright, I guess. We just needed to create a totem for them….which is this thing….

Well…whatever…I hope we get in at least. I can deal with rejection, but cult rejection? I don’t know….

This one got weird, folks. Let’s see if any of y’all can top it!

Until next time,

Tom

Albino Lullaby, Episode 1 and Season Passes are available on Steam and the Oculus Store.

For more info, newsletter sign-up, screenshots and trailers please visit AlbinoLullaby.com

Plz follow and share us on Twitter and the Book of Faces!  Gomez

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »

UPDATE #36: 6/28/17

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring Albino Lullaby ingame or concept art and sharing its backstory!

Up your brightness. There’s something lurking in that pic below, and we don’t want you folks living with your heads in the darkness. So go ahead, up your brightness.

And when you see it….you’ll be ready….

Featured Art: ’AI Test Map' by Justin Pappas

Do you see it? Do you see the stranger in the dark?

This lurker isn’t supposed to be there. It’s not *not* supposed to be there, but it shouldn’t have been there when we took the pic.

Let’s have our friend Justin explain it:

"In Ep 2, we are experimenting with all sorts of new behavior for the AI. This is a corner of our test space for them... I snapped this shot of the light, totally unaware of what lurked in the shadows... when i looked back at the map i saw that our spawners were unhooked and it was clear that there was no way an AI could have possibly spawned at that moment... oooooOOooOOOoOOOOO!”

Ghost in the Machine! Ghosts in the game. We shouldn’t have made that totem, Justin! Now even our game is rebelling.

If you don’t hear from us in a month, you know who took us.

The lurker….

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »

UPDATE #37: 7/12/17

Welcome back, folks!

Looking for an out-of-print comic book is a lot like dating. (But I guess when you’re twenty-two, everything you do can be boiled down to hormones, dating, and occasional but reasonably harmless binge drinking.) You look and you look and you start to think you’ll never find the thing you’re desperately searching for.

And then, after years and years, you’ll find it. And occasionally, when you’re very lucky, it’s exactly what you thought it would be: perfect.

I, of course, am talking about Katushiro Otomo’s oft forgotten horror classic: “Domu: A Child’s Dream.” I have been looking for this book ever since I read Akira, and boy, it did not disappoint.

A half murder-mystery, half ghost story set in a 1970’s Japanese apartment complex? Yes please. It digs into childhood, abused childhood, and what we call our ‘homes.’ Look for Domu, folks. It may take years.

But making your way home is sometimes takes awhile.

Speaking of homes….

Featured Art: ’Fairday’s Home’ by Jared Mitchell & Justin Pappas

We’re going to the home of one of favorite abused children today…Fairday!

Jared, tell us a little bit about what we’re looking at…

"This is the new entryway of Fairday's house, which was featured in an earlier dev log. Working with Justin has made me push this level to be way more angular and twisted, which I think are two words that really fit the Albino experience. While working on the level, the layout started reminding me of Dante's Inferno, so we're trying to get this house to resemble a circle of hell. Hopefully we're successful in accomplishing this.”

Well so far, I am plenty terrified. But we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we?

(But waiting for Episode Two is like dating or something, right? I don’t know….)

I just know it takes a long time to get home….but the wait will be worth it.

(Read Domu)

Until next time,

Tom

Plz follow and share us on Twitter and the Book of Faces!  Gomez

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »

UPDATE #38: 7/20/17

For #ThrowbackThursday  Beer! we like looking back and remembering how we got here. Shrug

A Body Divided by Jared Mitchell

For this week’s Throwback Thursday, we’re sharing an article written by our buddy, Jared, about an indie horror game called “Pathologic”. We’re all getting inspiration from everywhere, and games like these are our forefathers. Jared, tell us about how this article came together:

"It's been great learning new aspects of level design from Justin, being imparted with his forbidden knowledge. I wanted to look at games I was playing through these lenses as well, and I just so happened to find Heterotopias at that time, a website devoted to articles looking at artistic influences in video games. So, why not get one of my design exercises published? This one was on Pathologic, which I happened to be playing at the time, and its almost Cronenbergian personification of the town it takes place in."

Ooo, ‘Cronenbergian’. Nice word choice, bud.

You can read the article here: http://www.heterotopiaszine.com/2017/07/18/body-divided-pathologic/

Keep reading, keep playing, keep watching. You can’t make stuff without ingesting the stuff that’s been made.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »

UPDATE #39: 8/9/17

Welcome back, folks!

The folks here at Ape Law are hard at work at bringing you Episode Two…and while you wait…we’ve got some teasers and appetizers to keep you satisfied!
Featured Art: Painting from Episode 1

Dedicated fans of Albino Lullaby Episode 1 may recognize this painting, and will be asking, “Hey Tom, why are you showing me old art? I came here for new content. I crave content. GIVE ME CONTENT!”

Well dedicated fans, we’ve got content for you. But it’s not an image….WE GOT WORDS.

Someone has some words for Alice….

"‘Why do you force me to act this way, Alice? Why must you make me hurt you? You are your mother’s daughter, that’s for certain. If you don’t want to end up like her, you have to get your behavior in check. They’re watching. You sit there and think about that for a while. I’ll be back in a few days.’”

Who said it? Who is Alice’s mother? What does this old painting have to do with these words?

More mysteries to keep you stewing…for now!

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:21 AM »

UPDATE #40: 8/16/17

Welcome back, folks!

This week is big. I just got sent a whole bunch of screenshots by the boys on the Ape Law Production Floor. This is gonna be fun.

Featured Art: Proto Buck

Our boy Buck is back. But not the way your may remember him….Justin, what’s this all about?

“‘Finally we are ready to reveal Proto Buck in all his glory. Something was definitely off with this guy long before he was a pitiful worm creature in a dunce cap blubbering about his grandmother. The player will get up close and personal with Buck in the opening scenes of Episode 2. Proto Buck's model and textures are the work of the multi talented Ezra Cove. Buck's pose and soon to be revealed animations are the work of the amazing Kiwi known as Matthew Wood. We are going to be showing more of Proto buck in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.”

Matthew, this stuff is great. I’ve been digging the stuff that’s being sent on our Skype chat. I’m very excited to share with all of you folks real, real soon.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »

UPDATE #41: 9/6/17

He’s back, baby! Number 1 boy, Fairday is back in the house. And he is scary as ever.

Game design is messy. Some days it feels like you’re farther away from the end that you were a day ago. But its times like this, when you can sit back and ogle at Fairday’s dope cane, that all things start to fit into place. And his animation….boy howdy is it good…but we’ll save that for another day.

Featured Art: Fairday is Back

Justin, tell us about this dapper gentleman we’ve all come to fear. What exactly makes the man behind the mask?

“‘Fairday is the disciplinarian. A former Civil War surgeon, Fairday longs for the thrill of the endless surgeries of those days. His facility houses essential apparatus involved in the transition process. Fairday is ignorant to the toils of his job, and lives in a state of bliss.”

Who amongst us can say that we don’t miss our old Civil War surgery day? Fairday put the fun in ‘funeral’ and the fun in ‘field amputation’. (Trust me, it’s there.)

I’m looking forward to seeing more of this sadistic monster. I hope you are too.

Until next time,

Tom

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »

UPDATE #42: 9/20/17

***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW***
***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW***

You may have already heard, and if not, I am so excited to be the one who gets to tell you. Today is a big day, my friends. A day I know most of you have been eagerly awaiting.

So what are you getting this week from the kind folks here at Ape Law? A character model? Some concept art? A piece of a dialogue? A throwback?

No, no, no. No throwback. We’re throwing forward.

On behalf of everyone at Ape Law, we are proud to announce that….

Albino Lullaby is NOW Alice’s Lullaby

But that’s not all….WE’VE GOT A RELEASE DATE!

Alice’s Lullaby will be RELEASED on MARCH 22, 2018!!!

But what will Alice’s Lullaby be like? Well….take a look at our 8 minutes (!!) of game footage.

Want more? We got more! Here's a little snippet from our press release:

"The Spring release of Alice’s Lullaby will have improved gameplay, for 2D and VR
gaming. Added Justin, “All of our scripting is new. We've added a bevvy of intractable
objects to the gameworld, as well as five, fully animated main characters, the five elder
siblings."

Features of Alice’s Lullaby Include:
-The Next Gen of Adventure Games - Player driven pacing, no cutscenes.
-Manipulate the gameworld - use 'Buck's Clicker' to bend time and space.
-Transforming Game Space - Mechanical mansion deconstructs around you.
-Environmental Storytelling - Backstory conveyed through the game space.
-Different Play Styles - Sneak or gung ho!
-Episodic Releases - Pay as you go or get a season pass.
-VR Ready - Built from ground up to play great on the Oculus Rift, Vive and PSVR.

With a game space that dynamically twists and contorts around you in real time, as
you unravel an equally twisted narrative, Alice’s Lullaby shows that horror can be scary
without jump scares or gore. Escape a surreal, psychological nightmare set in a dark
and macabre Victorian town that clings to the precipices of underground cliffs.
Discover hidden spaces haunted by 'The Grandchildren' and uncover clues to
understanding just where and what you are."

But don't just believe us...look what everyone else is saying!

http://worthplaying.com/article/2017/9/19/news/105358/
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/09/albino-lullaby-rebranded-as-alices-lullaby-episode-2-coming-march-2018/
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/306048/Albino_Lullaby_Rebrands_and_Announces_Release_Date.php

Are you pumped? I’m pumped. I’m super pumped. Now that we’ve got a release date, prepare for even more thrills and scares to start popping up on your feed.

Prepare for some scares. Cause ready or not, here we come.
Until next time,

Tom

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »

This looks so awesome that I might have to arrange some time with a friend's Vive and play Episode 1.  Hand Any Key

Is it VR only, though?

kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »

Nope! It is not only playable in VR. You can play it with your normal display! Smiley
kidkamandi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

UPDATE #43: 10/5/17

For #Blocktober  Beer! we’re going to show off some of the great work our level designers have been doing for Alice’s Lullaby Shrug

Hey folks!

It’s Blocktober. Our level designer, Jared Mitchell, has been doing some lovely work on Alice’s Lullaby. Let’s check it out.

Alice’s Lullaby Blockouts by Jared Mitchell

Look at this stuff! It’s like looking at a model without his clothes on. It’s scintillating if I do say so myself. But don’t just listen to me, Jared…tell us a little about these scintillating screenshots!

"These shots come from the house of one of the elder siblings, Plumb. As described by Justin, Plumb is a bit of an explorer and an anthropologist. I threw out the idea of using Ernest Shackleton, the arctic explorer as inspiration, which got Justin really excited. As such, his house is going to be filled with trinkets and artifacts from other civilizations, as well as animal skeletons and the centerpiece, a giant fish tank in the center extending four stories."

Nothing better than getting, Justin really excited. He starts bouncing up and down like a toddler at the fair.

If any of y’all are bouncing like a toddler too, and I’m sure you are, you can check Jared out on Twitter (@APlayingField) and on YouTube (youtube.com/c/ThePlayingField)!

Until next time,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic