Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:46:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)I was wondering about if there was a .DLL file that...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I was wondering about if there was a .DLL file that...  (Read 1346 times)
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

I was wondering if there was a .DLL file thingy that let you select a color and change it with another, i.e. like change the blue on the sprite to a red. The draw_color_blend_whateverit'scalled function isn't very pretty and doesn't work for what I want so I was wondering if such a .DLL existed.

And on that note, can anyone point me in the direction of some good music playing .DLLs for MP3 and/or .ogg format music? That'd help a lot!

And this IS the right place to ask this right? >_>;
pgil
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »

For OGG, I'd go with supersound.dll

For the palette manipulation stuff... I'm not sure if there's a way to single out one specific color.

Hmm... What your could do is take the part you want to change colors and make that a separate sprite. Then just draw it right after the main sprite with the color you want. You won't even need a dll for that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:34:26 PM by pgil » Logged
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »

For OGG, I'd go with supersound.dll

For the palette manipulation stuff... I'm not sure if there's a way to single out one specific color.

Hmm... What your could do is take the part you want to change colors and make that a separate sprite. Then just draw it right after the main sprite with the color you want. You won't even need a dll for that.

I've thought of that but it'd be -much- easier if there was a .dll that could pick out the individual colors and change them to a select different color, but I don't know if such a thing exists so I may just do it the long way :/
Devlin
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »

In what context is the colour-changing going to be used?

I suppose if it's for a player sprite, perhaps a sprite layering technique?

e.g. draw coloured sprite(can shift hue/sat), then skin over the top of it.

It should be fairly simple to force them to matching patterns(sprite desync being your nemesis here...
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »

In what context is the colour-changing going to be used?

I suppose if it's for a player sprite, perhaps a sprite layering technique?

e.g. draw coloured sprite(can shift hue/sat), then skin over the top of it.

It should be fairly simple to force them to matching patterns(sprite desync being your nemesis here...

I'm going for a Megaman-like color change. Example: Megaman's standard colors are blue and cyan. When he changes to a special weapon, he changes those two colors, i.e. for a Rush item, he turns blue and cyan into red and white.

Bear in mind I've no clue how to use surfaces and the sort... should probably learn how though >_>;
Frog
Level 1

Eternal Being

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure you could do that by changing the player's sprite instead, it's not too hard.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic