Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:03:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: GOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS  (Read 22468 times)
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »

kickass Hand Thumbs Up Right

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »

Here are some reasons why this thread is great.

1- nice game, this 'random dungeon' you speak of has me interested.
2- the way your posting in this thread made me laugh.
3-

I'm also interested in how you navigate the dungeon. Do you not give movement inputs but instead just give Armorman orders to do things?

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 07:52:13 PM »

Look at that little Wiz Biz right there. Would you believe me if I told you that was the very same Wiz Biz that's in our ART we put in this very THREAD? like gazing into a crystal ball, only everything in the crystal ball is make believe and fake.

You can move the Armorman like you move someone in any other computer game. You can also send me letters, and I will input commands for you in a special copy.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »

you can reveal the horrible truth of how our VIDCON is being

you can imagine a future where things are not the way they are now.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:51 PM »

Here is an update for you:

We just cut our second demo in the studio. The producer loves it, and is also confused as to why people that make videogames are releasing a videogame through using a music production studio.

Here is an interesting thing about game development: Sometimes it happens in short bursts and sometimes you write a 24 page backstory for a character. We are going to release the backstory of WIZ BIZ in leather bound form. Some of your favorite fiction authors are going to contribute to this anthology, and by that I mean I write it myself!

:genki:

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 11:18:20 AM »

GOGNIO * DUNGEON

the player can now ETCH their game. this is amazing. etching was a method of SAVING AND RECORDING information for generations and Programmerman and I are PROUD to be bringing it to you.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
ITTA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:41 AM »

I'm a fan of this. Your title/concept art is beautiful and I would like to see more of it.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »

What would you like to know about our vid-con. I am taking all questions.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 11:21:42 PM »

We have now embarked upon a righteous quest: Namely: How to set our RANDOM DUNGEON GENERATION apart from these other cronies and would-be's that call themselves rogue-likes (whatever a rogue is!)

We have abandoned the pretext of open rooms and instead took towards the heavens: namely: hand drawing out every map in crayon and then breaking it down to its base elements so we might see what the best parts of dungeon generation are.

I do not have pictogram for this. I am sorry. I apologize. Please! Do! Not! Hold! It! Against! Me!

We are looking at how to establish a more "CLASUTROPHOBIC" mood than other vid-cons that we have looked at. We don't like you! I am sorry, but the things you have made are trash and I will not play them. We have seen your open, boxy rooms and long hallways that occasionally turn into long L shaped hallways and cried foul. This is not how a dungeon should be generated. Have you ever asked your own dungeon how it feels about the way you make it look? We have.

This is a picture of how your dungeon feels when it is confronted with its own reflection. It will never have CURVES or BOOKCASES or PILLARS. It is a series of randomly generated boxy rooms with no feelings. This is WRONG to everyone involved. This is dungeon abuse and I wont stand for it.

We have decided to recreate the Biggu-G Tabletop Mega. In doing so we will promise dungeons that are maybe handcrafted by us, maybe by a despicable shadow from beyond Finland. I cannot tell you. It is a developer secret.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:32:48 PM by The Armorman » Logged

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 08:25:27 PM »

dungeon politiks  Wizard

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »

using keyboard to provide input will never take off, it is doomed to be a passing FAD

trackball input is the way of the future but warning you is futile as I can sense your DETERMINATION

that said I look forward to edging my armorman to the very limit once I enter the DUNGEON
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »

I hope to help you edge as much as I can, in my dungeon  Hand Any Key  Hand Pencil  Hand Joystick

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 12:54:45 AM »

Here are two (2x) things we hold evident about developing GOGNIO DUNGEON

1. We don't show any actual development materials from the programming side, because we don't think you'd actually learn anything from it and really don't want to show you that part of the creative process. Our programmer doesn't even like it!

2. Most, if not all videogames are bad, and indie games especially so. This is why we have decided to pull a "KAWAZU" as a friend calls it in a superbly genki way, and be 100% devoted to weird games about friendship and self discovery.

Here's what we're working on now

-That post about a shop isn't a joke, and we are 100% committed to bringing you a "S H O P " between floors staffed by either Laura from Kenji Eno's D series, or maybe the main character of Final Fantasy The Spirits withing. Digital actresses are hard to come by!
-A new type of random dungeon generation that gives more than boxy rooms.
-A unique way of handling item durability
-Me, getting wrapped up in a comfy + warm blanked and having praise heaped upon me by floating red torsos that are also buff.
-Getting to play SEGA RALLY until the day i  die I am fucking rent from this mortal coil.

There are dozens of action platformers with controls SLICKER than the original Super Mario Brothers and a billion quick-moving and crunchy feeling action games made by indie developers. There are probably too many "THIS GAME IS AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL, HERE IS HOW I FEEL ABOUT MINE + THE WORLDS PROBLEMS" videogames too.

We would like to salute the eternal jankiness of the PS2. Maybe in an ideal world, Gognio Dungeon would be a Playstation 2 Game. Maybe, in an ideal world Gognio Dungeon would have a mechanic where you can take any monster you want to a diner, and that monsters food choices would illuminate a unique and troubling thing about that monsters character.

I try to avoid these situations in real life, and have neither stepped out of my house in a year nor physically spoken aloud to someone. That's life! That's the life I wanna live, I'm your pal, Armorman. I AM NOT AFRAID OF GROWING OLDER, ACTUALLY I KIND OF RELISH THE IDEA

I don't have any screenshots because this is from a MOBILE DEVICE, MORE OR LESS. We are progressing steadily! If you would like to Ask A Question To Me, Ya Boi, The Guy, you can do so.

Otherwise you will get continue to get vague and self-serving screenshots. goodbye!

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
skydevs
Level 0

Sky' Developers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »

Well i like your general idea, its somewhat like Dwarf Fortress, i would like see the game whit more artistic work, actually i can help a bit on tiles and that stuff for free just to see the project progress.

But i dont know if you are planing to make the game simple.
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »

What will combat be like in the dungeon? Will you primarily move into enemies to attack them, or is there gonna be more fancier ways to interact/murder peeps?
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2016, 03:54:41 PM »

Well i like your general idea, its somewhat like Dwarf Fortress, i would like see the game whit more artistic work, actually i can help a bit on tiles and that stuff for free just to see the project progress.

But i dont know if you are planing to make the game simple.
\

No, BUTT, thank you.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2016, 04:00:14 PM »

What will combat be like in the dungeon? Will you primarily move into enemies to attack them, or is there gonna be more fancier ways to interact/murder peeps?

Much like my personal hero Adol Cristin, we think fondly on days of running just into the right shoulders of enemies to watch them explode into a plume of smoke.

Being limited by tile based movement means our options are small, but there are VARIOUS WAYS of interacting with enemies that can result in them dying. Some enemies can be tricked or beguiled.

Actual combat mechanics are, despite my knowing how to swing a sword quite well (while you learned to party and hang out....I learned the blade....now u come to me for help? ha ha, psh, nothing...personnel.....kid) all we have are DESIGN DRAFTS. sometimes I throw miniature figures at other miniature figures to figure out what feels the best.

HERE IS PERSONAL ARMORMAN PHILOSOPHY:

the best action games start with something that's fun to do, and work from there. "There's this guy who" is an idea for a movie, not a game.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Logan Hart
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »

Oh yes. The art and everything remind me of the games I found on this plug-n-play joystick thing my father bought off of QVC. It was super bootleg, I believe, but it had tons of games from the c64 (Impossible Mission, Cybernoid, etc.). So thank you for drawing out all of those long-forgotten memories!

It seems deceptively straightforward and quirky. I love it. Looking forward to seeing where it goes!
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »

With a COGNIO, will the Armorman be able to break free of the confines of DUNGEON GRIDS? I feel as though many dangers, and wonders, may lie ahead in the diagonals of the dungeon and it's CURVES

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic