Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:02:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: GOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS  (Read 23805 times)
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »

Sometimes when things get really bad, you can find yourself without a real outlet to feel good about. Maybe you can't do this anymore:  Hand Joystick  Hand Pencil  Hand Any Key and you're upset

but here i am, always by your side. as "game developers" we have to stick together 100% of the way. nothing less will get us thru the darkness. if that's not okay, delete this post for me.

sometimes in the dark times, you have nothing but a  Hand Pencil and a piece of paper to "develop" a vidcon with. sometimes those turn out like this:

sometimes you spend all day "hard at work"  Hand Pencil and you think of a fat demon wearing a wrestling lycra with a poorly packaged package to haunt the

some days you think of what true love looks and feels like....maybe you can find it in: The Gognio Dungeon (2017/2018)

oops I meant to make a post an instead posted an advertisement blurb. I wish I had more cool things to show you!! but all of our "good" vide'con things are on the backend as they say.

a crossover with 1995 hypercard erotica??

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »

I have learned...dying is also a decision.

Thank you, Armorman.

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »

I always somehow liked the dithered hypercard black and white style on early macs! I wish someone would go for this whole-hog Grin

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »

:spooky:

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2017, 03:06:23 AM »

lets gooooooo this game rules

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »

Do you ever feel alone? Or maybe you sometimes feel like your old hobbies and interests don't keep you happy anymore. I wonder how many indie game developers are sad all of the time! Maybe they keep making boring, uninteresting platforms that aren't "hip" with the kids because they haven't enjoyed videogames in six million years.

Not here and not me! Not in the G-Dungeon: Dungeon of G. Tale of G-Urth's key feature will be the alarming number of weapons and items purely for the player to collect. Put in a bag - even put them in YOUR bag if you will (will u?)

We are "hard" at work on making the amount of weapons and items pleasurable to the player. 

maybe some of them will look like this:

and maybe, just maybe..you could close your eyes, and imagine that font also says

"G-Spear: A spear that receives its name from commonly being wielded by [G]rablins."

maybe that's the future you want...I don't know

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
ProgrammerMan
Level 0

man of wisdom

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »

communication is important
RofB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »

Sense of humour, as always, is on point.

I really can't wait play this. I still dont know what this is

Also, don't tell anyone, but I think armorman and programmerman are the same person.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:07:27 PM by RofB » Logged

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »

I bet you can't even Believe! IT's MAY and HERE WE ARE! WE'RE STILL HERE!!

GOGNIO DUNGEON: THE JOURNEY FOR G-URTH has recently changed programmers. Everyone welcome A Pumpkin to the development team, and say a fond goodbye for The Programmerman, my eternal compatriot and Good Boy Programmer Whom'st Did The Job for the first cycle of this game'st've.

We are excited to announce some hot new features right around the corner, maybe.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »

Mods can you please change the word "hot" so it is on fire and still bold, thank you.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
bachelor
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »

I always somehow liked the dithered hypercard black and white style on early macs! I wish someone would go for this whole-hog Grin
Someone has gone for it, waru99! It's called DDD: THE NATURAL PLAYBOYS and you can play a super rough, super outdated pre-alpha-yet-super-hot build if you visit http://www.bachelorsoft.com

Gognio Dungeon is a hot game. I can prove this, cuz the Armorman is featured in the modern classic DDD: THE NATURAL PLAYBOYS. Everyone should play both games, and everyone should be kind to one another.

Thank you.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2017, 02:20:22 AM »

Fans of Gognio's, sometimes there's nothing you can do but fall in love. It can't be help! You can't help who you love. And I can't help that I love you, the player.

That's why I'm promising that GOGNIO DUNGEON will have a soundtrack totally rife for making love to. We could have atmospheric dungeon sounds, but our Dungeons aren't exactly the Darkest. I'll let you know that we're very heavily interested in the formats of Jazz, Funk, Eastern-European ambient doom metal and satanic ritual music.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UMspKoFZHS

Here is our simple proof of concept track that was made one night, at 3am and later re-worked by our sadly departed (from the project! not Killed) but still loved and appreciated original Programmerman

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »

sometimes life calls you away from the thigns u love..and sometime...you come back to the things you love....

youll be able to follow more of GOGNIO DUNGEON: THE BRAVEST G MAN soon on the website we made: http://deep-hell.com
that's "our" "stuff" we made for "you" the potential player of our Vidcon

I hope you have all been growing close to your family and getting ready to enjoy even more Vidcon lately  Hand Any Key

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2017, 06:49:48 AM »

Eagerly awaiting more vidcon from this fine project  Epileptic Epileptic

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2017, 11:49:48 PM »

All we've ever known for sure is that every vidcon we've ever played fully benefited 100% from including as many gargoyles as possible. In GOGNIO'S GARGOYLE this dream will finally come true.

Gargoyles in the menu. Gargoyles on the field. Gargoyles you can date* and Gargoyles you can romance...that's right.

*you can fall in love in the dungeon..but not with a gargoyle. gargoyles are NOT people

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »

You may have heard that Gognio Dungeon itself will star in the upcoming Visual Card Novella DDD: You Can't Cross Promote My Heart (found at http://bachelorsoft.com) but did you know:

DDD: THE NATURAL PLAYBOYS will also be crossing over with Gognio Dungeon itself?? The Lovely Laura D. herself will be making special appearances randomly on floor 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 38 and 53 to sell the player SPECIAL ITEMS. That's what we want in Gognio Dungeon: a seamless synergy between buying/and selling the hottest items the dungeon has to offer right to your door. There will be more Shopkeepers in GOGNIO DUNGEON than you've ever seen in one place in your life: 2!

We find that in tradition of the "classics" from The Nation of Japan where videogames originally came from that all games should have a shop, just like in your kidhood memories of Yuji Hori's Dragon Quest: III on the Nintendo Entertainment System. That's the only videogame we've ever played that had any kind of dungeon or stats in it, and Gognio Dungeon is our love letter to it. I'm sorry to admit this. I'm sorry I've "let you down", but maybe if I go "downtown" (to the dungeon) you'll feel better about it in the end.

Hand Any Key Hand Joystick WARNING ! ! !  Hand Any Key  Hand Joystick
THE BELOW CONTENT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL STATE OF GOGNIO DUNGEON

Maybe you can fall in love in the dungeon, and maybe you cant. Maybe you can talk to a friend...or maybe you can approach an orgone-altar and trade your most treasured possessions for some kind of...payoff. Life demands sacrifice if you want it to continue. Maybe you're bitter because your highschool teacher told you to follow your dream of video engineering and here you are. You couldn't finish Baldur's Gate 2 as a highschooler and now you think you can do it as an adult. You're weak but these altars will be here to provide for you

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2017, 01:59:37 AM »

Can YOU tell what's going on in these screens?? What secrets of development have happened while I've been away? Cuz boy I sure cant.

First one looks like some kind of Hallway of Hell...or as we like to call in in the industry a "Hellway"

Big Party

Secret...Dungeon inside dungeon....  Cool

Guess that's all. Thanks again to a literal pumpkin for helping program Gognio Dungeon. Send them all of your money, but none of your children. Guess this is the point where I pack up and post a bunch of numbers and menus that the "developers" are using to make this game.

Oops guess not none of that shit is STILL interesting except to the three nerds making this game  Cry look for it on the bonus dvd shipped with every 100 copies of Gognio Dungeon: The Quest for G  Gentleman

secret...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:09:21 AM by The Armorman » Logged

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »

there are a lot of special people in the world and sometimes you gotta treat some of them poorly. in gognio dungeon every monster is special, and every monster has a way it likes to be treated. sometimes you find them all alone just hanging out...this can be pretty scary of an experience!

like seeing a friend you haven't in a long time and you don't know how they'll act around you anymore. every monster in gognio dungeon is like a friend you don't know anymore...

can't say if the monsters will behave here. cant tell you that: but I can tell you they'll all behave a little different.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2017, 02:04:42 PM »

IN GOGNIO DUNGEON: DUNGEON OF "G" anything can happen on an floor and there's nothing you can do about it, and none of it means having a good time. like marriage, or raising a child.

A floor can spawn made out of monsters: that is a FEATURE and not a bug. I have been sworn to promise this by the programmers: sworn to promise you a good time I know I can't deliver....

LIFE CAN'T MAKE YOU HAPPY: that's the Gognio Dungeon promise.

BUT OUR GAME CAN: that's the other Gognio Dungeon promise.

Every floor is a new challenge, like every door opened in life. Except when you open doors in Gognio Dungeon there are monsters on the other side of them: that's why you should destroy doors as often as possible. There may or may not be a benefit to doing it but it might make you feel better to destroy something someone else made!

Nothing can be undone in life. I am sorry for who I hurt and you should be too. That's what GOGNIO DUNGEON really is, like some kind of simulation...of the real.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:29:09 PM by The Armorman » Logged

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »

-Fixed a bug where the player could have a bad time...it's not true at all!
-there is a 2% chance on every floor generation that things can happen
-you can pick up items now. that can happen. it's real....

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic